FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Forein language Site

<<

pickmonger2

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:23 pm

Forein language Site

Some intersting files.

Can anyone tell me what language this is or how to download these files.

http://archiv-bezpecnostniho-experta.ha.cz/
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Re: Forein language Site

CZ is the abbreviation for Czechoslovakia so without looking at the page I'm guessing there is at least a halfway decent chance it's Czech.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:53 pm

It is Czech. And im not downloading them to find out.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:25 pm

MBI wrote:CZ is the abbreviation for Czechoslovakia so without looking at the page I'm guessing there is at least a halfway decent chance it's Czech.

CZ is Czech Republic. It has not been Czechoslovakia since shortly after the wall came down, when the CCCP broke apart. The countries then broke back into what they were before WWII. Czech Republic and Slovakia.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:42 pm

pickmonger2 wrote:Some intersting files.
Can anyone tell me what language this is or how to download these files.
http://archiv-bezpecnostniho-experta.ha.cz/

To translate the titles, use Google Chrome (it's a free download if you don't already have it). Open the page you linked in Chrome, then right click anywhere on the page and Translate. Seems to be the world's biggest list of picking and security bypass videos!

The title suggests it's a 158GB archive and mentions the URL ha.cz which is a mess of a site.
It appears to be a dump of a directory listing for the site, so on a whim I tried to FTP in using anonymous logon but it does not seem to be enabled. Searching for the file's title (both in the original language and translated) brings up a lot of dead ends both on Google and on "popular torrenting sites" :P.

That's the extent of my findings for a few mins work, sorry.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:43 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:
MBI wrote:CZ is the abbreviation for Czechoslovakia so without looking at the page I'm guessing there is at least a halfway decent chance it's Czech.

CZ is Czech Republic. It has not been Czechoslovakia since shortly after the wall came down, when the CCCP broke apart. The countries then broke back into what they were before WWII. Czech Republic and Slovakia.

Gordon

I'm old.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:28 pm

MBI wrote:
GWiens2001 wrote:

Gordon

I'm old.

Me, too. When I was growing up, it was Czechoslovakia, too. The only reason I know is that I was in Slovakia 3 months after they declared their independence from the former Soviet Union. At a bar the first night, they were adamant that I be made clear on that point. Czechoslovakia was an imposed combination of two countries forced on them by the Russians, and they did not take kindly to me referring to their country by the incorrect name. Bought a lot of beers that night to show that I meant no harm. Being outnumbered and in a foreign country, counted myself lucky to get out of there so cheaply! But I never forgot, either. At least the beer was good. :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

pickmonger2

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:01 am

Thanks for the input. I think that I will skip my "interest" in that site for something a little safer and easier to understand.

Return to Random Banter