FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Live auction winnings

<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:09 pm

Live auction winnings

Went to a live auction today and came away with a Cole 200 key machine and a Zipco pinning kit. The auctioneer said he had tried the Cole 200 and it worked and tried it a second time and it didn't work. It was sold 'as is'. I inspected it before the auction and noticed the cord had a crack in it. It had a 2-wire cord and one wire had completely separated. I had a replacement cord at home. The Zipco pinning kit was old but with little use. Also, on the pinning kit the left-hand screw that holds the top and bottom drawer together was so tight I could not loosen it to check the top-pin drawer. I don't believe anyone else knew that a 2nd drawer existed. The Cole 200 and pinning kit were not listed on the auction bill. What a surprise for me. I paid less than $25 for the pair. The auction listed a 'vintage' key machine with key rack. That turned out to be a model 2H with its standard shoe-box carousel with some older keys, that I already had plenty of. I bid but didn't get it. Went for $150. The entire auction consisted of items from an old Gamble's store that had closed 30+ years ago and had been in storage since.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:15 pm

Re: Live auction winnings

:shock:
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:27 pm

great score, I just got the same Pin kit from a kijiji deal 2 weeks ago (but its not in as good shape).
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Malekal

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:01 pm

Nice haul! I need to find me one of those auctions or good deal. it's been a while.
Malekal: I guess I'll try... I thought you had to go light
xeo: you do whatever the lock wants
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Great deal! I have that same kit, which I bought new i about 1975 (?) and it is still my reserve kit. Nice diagnosis on the machine issues. That is how "deals" are born!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:52 am

The 200 is now operational. The defective 2 wire cord was replaced with a 3 wire grounded cord taken from my Cole 200 parts machine. First pic shows old cord with the wire separation. 2nd pic shows new cord connected. These machines may have any one of 5 maker labels on them. They may have Graham, Norton, National, Cole, Cole National, or Elnar (Cole Division). If you have seen other labels, please share.
Pic uploads failed but you get the idea.
'Gunter glieben glauten globen' Def Leppard, Rock of Ages, 1983

Return to Random Banter