FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

RANT...Ebay sellers and buyers

<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:21 pm

RANT...Ebay sellers and buyers

Can't decide which pisses me off more...A sellers that gets talked into a lowball buy it now price or a buyer that talks a seller into a lowball price....Missed a BEST pinning kit to Bestkey1. That guy pulls that crap way to often. EDIT...let me make this clear. The item started out as an auction. I had it saved to my watch list. Next morning it's marked sold with a $100.00 BIN. I contacted the seller and said he had contacted them about selling at a buy it now. Also stated they were selling these items for a gentleman in a nursing home. I hope this so called "professional" can live with himself ripping off the elderly.
Last edited by farmall on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: RANT...Ebay sellers and buyers

Welcome to planet Earth.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:25 pm

I'm sure i'll get a chance to buy it in a couple of weeks when he relist it for $400
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P
<<

Josephus

Post Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:58 pm

If it eases you at all, I am privy to some higher priced auctions (4k+) that often end similarly. The sellers are keen to transfer the majority of funds by other means to avoid the ebay and paypal fees.
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:23 am

Were there any bids on it before he did the BIN?
I picked up a pinning kit for BEST for 60.00 (all the springs were bad but they are cheap)
If you see something you like, put a bid on it as this makes it against eBay rules to relist as a BIN after canceling your bid.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:40 am

Pick-Fu wrote:Were there any bids on it before he did the BIN?
I picked up a pinning kit for BEST for 60.00 (all the springs were bad but they are cheap)
If you see something you like, put a bid on it as this makes it against eBay rules to relist as a BIN after canceling your bid.

Had no bids that I could tell.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:28 pm

farmall wrote:

Here's what I do if I am bidding on something.

I'll put on a minimal first bid, then I'll use a sniping service to put in what I'm actually willing to pay for it. I won't usually take a second chance offer, some sellers will use a shill bidder to push up the price past my real bid. I might take it if I really want the item though.

--Ted.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:05 pm

tpark wrote:
farmall wrote:

Here's what I do if I am bidding on something.

I'll put on a minimal first bid, then I'll use a sniping service to put in what I'm actually willing to pay for it. I won't usually take a second chance offer, some sellers will use a shill bidder to push up the price past my real bid. I might take it if I really want the item though.

--Ted.

I've sniped for many years. It looks like I may have to start with the minimal bid first like you stated. Most sellers won't even consider a BIN offer unless the originally list it that way. As a seller myself I've had my fair share of the lowball guys with their offers. Most (sellers) have sense enough to look and see if they have any watchers on an item if a buyer tries this tactic.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:02 pm

It's back up for the flip if anyone wants a chance to own it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEST-LOCK-CO-A- ... SwYIxX8BLl
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:36 pm

I would buy this one before playing games with him ! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Interchangeable ... SwzOxUW-M~
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:05 pm

spuds wrote:I would buy this one before playing games with him ! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Interchangeable ... SwzOxUW-M~

That's a quality set, but no tools.

Return to Random Banter