FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Baby Proofing the House

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:49 pm

Baby Proofing the House

I got a kick out of this one.

The title had me thinking something else in mind but this is not what I expected, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw-loRtwBPE
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

travislsthq

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Re: Baby Proofing the House

We actually did this to my son's bedroom door when he was about 2 and a half. We left the top half attached, and added a sliding lock so we could reconnect the two halves. The reasoning behind it was we heated our house with wood heat, and wanted to make sure he had enough open air to allow heat into his room.

Granted, his door was also solid wood, and not a composite.
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:23 am

That's a good reason to do that but I was wondering if it's cheaper to buy dutch doors or to just cut your door in half and then replace it if you have to move.

CLH!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

travislsthq

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:02 am

In our case it was cheaper to cut the door, mainly because it was a solid wood door, and we already had it on hand. The house is an old farm house that my in-laws live in, and have free reign over, so we didn't have to worry. Haven't been up there in a long time now, but last I heard the door was still in two sections. It's useful when they have company over, to keep it heated. Otherwise we'd have had to cut a heat hole in the wall.

Return to Random Banter