FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Needing Help With My Belsaw 200

<<

DPSVDV

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Needing Help With My Belsaw 200

Well for all you wondering I bought myself a used Foley belsaw in mint conditon that has only cut around 50keys for ONLY $80. Not to brag or anything. But is there anyone who has a manual for a foley belsaw 200 that could email it to me or eaither give me a link where i could buy one. I am looking at getting this manual becuase of the fact that I want to take apart this machine and clean and oil it up.

Thanks For Your Time
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Needing Help With My Belsaw 200

Here you go
fb200_manual.pdf

Credit to rxfiller for the file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

DPSVDV

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Thanks but what should I open this with?
<<

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:19 pm

DPSVDV wrote:Thanks but what should I open this with?

Adoobe Acrobat Reader.
I'm supprised you don't have it already.

here you go
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/?promoid=BPDDU
<<

DPSVDV

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Thanks alot now I can fixup and adjust my machine if needed
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:11 am

Careful when you disassemble. I'm only guessing you're the type to tear her down completely, but here's some tips for ya.

When taking off the depth gauge, do it nice and slow. Make sure you do each part of it one at a time. Slowly slide the holding pin out of the back of the spring and then take the actual tip off. From experience, I ran into a problem where the spring wasn't secured well by the pin and I started to remove the tip, so when the tip came off, the pin slipped and all hell broke loose.

When replacing the cutting wheel/motor assembly, once you have the thing where the belt rides in place, give firm pressure on it from the left side, pushing it into the side of the metal divider. While pushing firm, tighten up the little hex screw firm but not too tight. This will save you from your machine slipping and from your machine not turning.

When putting on the cutting wheel, make sure it is going in the right direct. Self explanatory, but also a stupid mistake.

That's about all the problems I have had. Sorry I'm not that great at explaining things, but if you take your time you should be fine.

Also, on a side note, when you oil the bar that the key holder rides on, it will collect lots and lots of metal shavings. Also, metal shavings go everywhere. To save you a little time, effort, and your legs, wear pants and while cutting, try and have the hose attachment of a shop vac or other such vacuum held under the left corner of your key machine. For me, I have my key machine on a small table for portability and When I cut my keys I place the nozzle of the vac right up under where the bar is that the key guide rides on. I then use a wide angle attachment to catch as much as possible. It really does make a difference.

Oh, and on a last note always clean your machine of metal shavings! It might sound stupid and obvious, but to ensure a good long lasting life, always clean all of your mechanical devices.

Good luck and have fun!
<<

DPSVDV

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Thanks Guys! (woohoo)
<<

cbadgeco

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Can the PDF be reposted? It's not opening anymore.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:27 am

cbadgeco wrote:Can the PDF be reposted? It's not opening anymore.

Yes, somebody may be able to find it again, where are you located exactly in Oregon, I may be able to loan you my book if your anywhere close to me. (Salem area and eastern Oregon)
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

jdonnelly

Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Foley Belsaw 200 Manual Uploaded
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Random Banter