FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lock cutaways

<<

spaz101

Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:50 pm

Lock cutaways

Good news and bad news... good; I finally made my first cutaway out of a deadbolt cylinder. bad; My poor design work made it break (LOL)

2 hours of my life gone. IT WAS FINISHED TOO! agh!
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:48 pm

Re: Lock cutaways

Hey spaz101, even though its broke, lets see pictures anyway, I think it would be cool to see all the hard work that must have taken, it's to bad it broke, but now you can improve for the next one, it really isn't two hours of your life wasted, you learned alot and didn't even realize it!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

spaz101

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:41 am

Im going to have to get the camera from the better part of me once I see her. But my flaw was; at the bottom of the cylinder was a little oval brass piece that could be removed to easily repin the lock. I thought that the brass would have held up a bit better but I know what I will do next. I tried to do that basic quarter wedge cut and it worked really well except it bent in my vice. Tomorrow I will get a camera
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:44 am

I can't wait, don't be ashamed of breaking it, most people don't even have the skill or tools to even attempt doing this.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:59 am

at least you had a good time making it, bet your next one's better :roll:
<<

HiNtZ

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:17 am

Lets have a look at it. If anyone can tell you where you went wrong and how to avoid it, it's me :p

Return to Random Banter