FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Bodybuilding/Weight Loss/General Fitness Forum?

<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:05 am

Re: Bodybuilding/Weight Loss/General Fitness Forum?

GutterClown wrote:
the lockpickkid wrote:I think it is cool to come on this site, for me it is usually when I am bored as hell, it's kind of a one stop shop, you get to read and post about your locks and lockpicking, plus you also get to read about other interesting stuff like the world events, and guns and ammo. Why not add other things that are readable?

Step 1: Decide on a Focus to your forum
You have to have a target audience. The human race doesn't qualify as a target. You need to be a tad more specific.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2130387_run-online-forum.html

Rule Number One - I make the rules.

Rule Number Two - Rule Number One supersedes all other rules.
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Hmm , i'm a large built chap and have struggled with my weight for
much of my life , in the last 2 months i have lost 21 pounds and plan
to lose the same again , no major lifestyle changes , just a pulse rich diet
and abstinence from bread products.
Kidney beans, Borlotti beans, Butter beans, Cannellini beans Pinto beans
Beans of every variety , 216 lbs and 20ish lbs to go for an ideal
weight , as for a forum on this subject , why not , as locksmithing is
not noted as a highly physical career !
Open Sez Me !
<<

rosindubh37713

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:27 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:
rosindubh37713 wrote:Not really my cuppa tea but I think its a good idea if people are gonna be interested in that sorta thing!

As long as you guys dont start uploading photos of yourselfs all greased up with bulging muscles (Homo) (LOL)

How about just greased up?

Just greased up, it's all good, I like a bit of lubrication!!! (LOL)
Last edited by rosindubh37713 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Picking Videos @ http://uk.youtube.com/RosinDubh37713
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:40 pm

Lockylew wrote:Would anyone be intrested in seeing a Bodybuilding section amongst all the other random threads under the open discussion section?

This would include genral muscle gain, weight loss, and just general fitness. It's something i'm very big on and i know a few others who i have spoken too both on here and youtube are into.

So let me know if this would intrest any of you. If your serious about it then by all means i would happily write huge articles on the subject and structured work out plans etc.

Thanks
Lew

Yes please Lew, lockpicking and weight training,now cage fighting are my main hobbies, diet and supplements would be an added bonus to the site for me :lol:
looking forward to it :D
<<

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:56 pm

GutterClown wrote:
the lockpickkid wrote:I think it is cool to come on this site, for me it is usually when I am bored as hell, it's kind of a one stop shop, you get to read and post about your locks and lockpicking, plus you also get to read about other interesting stuff like the world events, and guns and ammo. Why not add other things that are readable?

You have to have a target audience. The human race doesn't qualify as a target. You need to be a tad more specific.

You have no idea how patronizing that is like seriously. i worked real damn hard to get this forum where it is today and to try and make it a great place to come and chat and now Hallis has taken the reins and done an awesome job keeping everything running and for someone who uses this forum for free the same as everyone else i don't expect you to tell me or anyone else how to run a forum.

Lew
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:39 pm

Lockylew wrote:
GutterClown wrote:

You have no idea how patronizing that is like seriously. i worked real damn hard to get this forum where it is today and to try and make it a great place to come and chat and now Hallis has taken the reins and done an awesome job keeping everything running and for someone who uses this forum for free the same as everyone else i don't expect you to tell me or anyone else how to run a forum.

Lew

Why am I quoted on here? I never said anything negative about this site? Did I miss something or did I take this the wrong way? I am all for a mixed forum as long as the lock picking doesn't go away.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

GutterClown

Post Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:48 pm

Lockylew wrote:You have no idea how patronizing that is like seriously. i worked real damn hard to get this forum where it is today and to try and make it a great place to come and chat and now Hallis has taken the reins and done an awesome job keeping everything running and for someone who uses this forum for free the same as everyone else i don't expect you to tell me or anyone else how to run a forum.

Lew

I'm no more telling someone how to run their forum, than I would be instructing forces of nature when I say magnets stick together.
What I am doing is pointing out the tried and true methods of popular websites that make sense.

We all know the Amazon's, Ebay's, Youtube's, Craig's List's, and Slashdot's of this world. Ask yourself, how many of them multiple focuses? Ebay sells stuff, Amazon sells stuff, Youtube plays videos, Craig's list helps weird people, Slashdot is a Tech forum.
Does ebay have a motor-mechanics forum? Infact it does. But when was the last time you thought "Bugger it, I'll ask about this on the ebay forum" ?

I've no interest in personal reasons behind running the site, this matters nothing to me and nothing to most members, or any guests. What matters to Joe Bloggs and people visiting this site is Locksport.
That is the focus of this forum, that is why people come here. Would you visit Amazon.com looking for advice on how to replace a fuse?
Keeping a forum, or any website, in-focus and on-topic is a crucial aspect.

Too many people think that if they make their forum cover every topic imaginable that they will attract more visitors since they will inevitably be interested in at least one of those topics. It is a good strategy but it has a few flaws. What makes someone visit and then join a forum in the first place?
1. Subject(s) that interest them and
2. an Active Community
Making a forum that has 12 different categories and 7 forums in each one of those categories may sound like a good idea because while this certainly covers a broad array of subjects it also makes your forum look inactive which will turn people away. Empty forums are an unattractive aspect of a forum and could make people click the back button of the browser instead of registering.

Having a member base with less than 5% of people interested in a specific topic means that topic isn't worth having on the site. Why would you or anyone visit a site with the opinions of 15 people, vs a site dedicated to that subject, with the combined opinions and experience of thousands of people.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:23 am

GutterClown wrote:
Having a member base with less than 5% of people interested in a specific topic means that topic isn't worth having on the site. Why would you or anyone visit a site with the opinions of 15 people, vs a site dedicated to that subject, with the combined opinions and experience of thousands of people.

I get tired of your bullshit sometimes Gutterclown. You come off as a little too preachy and sanctimonious sometimes. We are all justifiably enthralled by your many harrowing locksmith exploits and breadth of knowledge but sometimes you come off as a bully.

Fine. You're smarter than everybody else on the fucking planet. We get it. Oooh. Aaahhh! Ok. Lighten up.

We've never forced anybody to come on this site. If they enjoy it fine. If they don't, well, that's fine too.

If you feel that strongly about it and this site doesn't meet your expectations, or we have disappointed you in some way by not living up to what YOU expect a forum to be, well, I'm emotionally crushed. I really don't know if I can carry on in this cruel world knowing I've let the Great Gutterclown down.

Let me clue you in. You will not win this argument. You can rant and call me names - or ignore me, or come back with a clever little putdown - but you won't win. You'll never win. But that's your way of doing things. You have to get the last word. Just can't shut up and let it rest, can you?

So run along and tell the guys at the other lock picking sites what a shitty site we have, and how you left because your pride and principles won't allow you to lower yourself to cast your shadow on our doorstep.

Tell them HC is an asshole, that's he wets the bed, that he's a turd sniffer.

I really don't care. Ok?

You've thrown your dick on the table and so have I.
<<

GutterClown

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:29 am

It appears you've missed the point entirely. I have not made any personal implications here, and I have not targeted anyone as being at fault. What I have done is offered on-topic oppinions and information.
Does not a question beg either a yay or nay?

Secondly,
We've never forced anybody to come on this site. If they enjoy it fine. If they don't, well, that's fine too.

That is fine. I care very little for who comes to this site. But I don't appreciate the time and effort LockyLew went to setting up this site and building the userbase, being thrown away by questionable top-level administration decisions. I will voice my concerns and that's all I will do.

Thirdly, your personal opinions about my attitude and demeanor are incorrect. While I may have little empathy imparted into my posts, does not make the information I supply any less valid.

You're welcome to jump up and down about me and my methods, but it makes no difference to the facts that internet trends and people's habits do not fair well for sites that try to diversify beyond their initial focus.

Let me clue you in. You will not win this argument. You can rant and call me names - or ignore me, or come back with a clever little putdown - but you won't win. You'll never win. But that's your way of doing things. You have to get the last word. Just can't shut up and let it rest, can you?

So run along and tell the guys at the other lock picking sites what a shitty site we have, and how you left because your pride and principles won't allow you to lower yourself to cast your shadow on our doorstep.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that an argument is inherently bad, but it's incorrect.
Argument: "a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal"
I'm quite happy to have an civil argument with anyone on any subject, but for you to react so viciously and emotionally is way out of left field.

To issue the statement that "you cannot win" seems you think I'm actively trying to take over, or you're trying to defend your admin rights, or something? I can assure you, you've missed the point of an argument, you're assuming this is a fight. Alternatively, if you are seeking to start a fight with me, I'm not keen.

I don't play with little school-yard games. Please re-asses what I've said and reconsider what you think I'm doing.

Also, if you can find another locksport website I actively visit, then you can make assumptions about my gossiping habits.
<<

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:35 am

GutterClown wrote: I care very little for who comes to this site. But I don't appreciate the time and effort LockyLew went to setting up this site and building the userbase, being thrown away by questionable top-level administration decisions. I will voice my concerns and that's all I will do.

What the hell is that about? if you really feel that way then you know what you can do. You have no idea how many hours i put into building this site and doing some serious SEO. Your an asshole pure and simple.
<<

GutterClown

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:33 am

Er, I said you put a lot of time and effort into the site, and for that to be wasted would be a bad thing. Frankly the difference between the atmosphere of the site changed very quickly, it's easy to see who built the site and who stepped into the administration role.

What did you think I meant?
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:12 am

Re: ?

GutterClown wrote: That is fine. I care very little for who comes to this site. But I don't appreciate the time and effort LockyLew went to setting up this site and building the userbase, being thrown away by questionable top-level administration decisions. I will voice my concerns and that's all I will do.

“Questionable” top-level administration policies? Moi? Brother, I've been "questionable" since I learned to talk, so for you to find my decision making questionable is not surprising.

First of all, I’m sorry, but I don't seem to have a copy of the email asking your opinion on what I should do with this site. Please forward that to me at your earliest convenience, so I can refresh my memory. Also, I'll be glad to refund your admission costs to the site 300%.

Secondly, I think you are being a bit of a hypocrite. I seem to remember you posting a few items in the Full Metal Jacket section back in May of this year regarding crossbows and automatic shotguns. So from a purist’s standpoint, you also helped promulgate the very idea which you now seem to find ever so distasteful and abhor so vehemently.

http://keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1514

http://keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1557

Thank you very much for your opinion and I'll take it under advisement. I wish you well.

And now I'm locking this thread and will set up the new "Bodybuilding/Weight Loss/General Fitness Forum" with LockyLew as moderator.

Now that our public pissing match has been concluded - anyone wishing to visit the new forum and participate is indeed welcome to join in.
(woohoo)
Previous

Return to Random Banter