FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Recent work or Accomplishments

<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:21 pm

Recent work or Accomplishments

This is an area where for any recent lock picking work or personal accomplishments.
lubeit.gif

Yesterday the manager of the local bank here, who I happen to be personal friends with, called me.
"My key is stuck, and I can't get it out," he said.
I drove to the bank and discovered that he had been sitting alone at the door of the Bank for quite some time ,beside a folding gate with a new door latch. He showed me how the key was able to rotate the plug and easily move the latch out into the locked position and down inside the frame of the gate into the closed position. "The key won't come out.." he said.
I tried out a new product I recently acquired called the Tufoil Lubit-8 as a lubricant and jiggled the key a bit. Noticeably the rotation was easier but still, the key did not come out of the broaching. What did move was the plug housing itself. When I pulled on the key the plug would move out approx. 5mm. Surely this little movement was misaligning the driver pins from sliding upward into the housing.
I held the plug tight against the housing so it would not come out when I pulled on the key. Viola out it came, and I handed it to the manager. He told me that the same problem occurred the night before but he wasn’t there. I told him how to retrieve the key and hoped he would not have the problem again.
If only all my call-outs could be so easy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

quaiboi

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:48 am

Re: Recent work or Accomplishments

Warder wrote:
This is an area where for any recent lock picking work or personal accomplishments.
lubeit.gif

Yesterday the manager of the local bank here, who I happen to be personal friends with, called me.
"My key is stuck, and I can't get it out," he said.
I drove to the bank and discovered that he had been sitting alone at the door of the Bank for quite some time ,beside a folding gate with a new door latch. He showed me how the key was able to rotate the plug and easily move the latch out into the locked position and down inside the frame of the gate into the closed position. "The key won't come out.." he said.
I tried out a new product I recently acquired called the Tufoil Lubit-8 as a lubricant and jiggled the key a bit. Noticeably the rotation was easier but still, the key did not come out of the broaching. What did move was the plug housing itself. When I pulled on the key the plug would move out approx. 5mm. Surely this little movement was misaligning the driver pins from sliding upward into the housing.
I held the plug tight against the housing so it would not come out when I pulled on the key. Viola out it came, and I handed it to the manager. He told me that the same problem occurred the night before but he wasn’t there. I told him how to retrieve the key and hoped he would not have the problem again.
If only all my call-outs could be so easy.

how much did u charge him?
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:24 am

Proper thing to do would be to tighten the plug retainer (screws, etc.).
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:07 pm

I offered to do more work on the lock (tighten the plug retainer...) and the in-house procedures and paperwork are still in process.

So, this was an example of helping out in an emergency, after hours, and nothing will be done formally with the 'guts' of the lock until the next incident, when I show up with a contract to be signed.

I'm ready.
<<

regis

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:03 pm

A few weeks ago I got a call from my mechanic. One of his employees lost his keys to his toolbox. I got there in 15 minutes or so. It was a 5 pin wafer lock. All the guys sockets were in there and I was the key. So I spp'd it and got it open. I walked outside to tell him it was open. He said are you kidding me? In the long run I got ten bucks cause that's all the guy had on him. I did go to high school with him so it was cool with me. That was my first "Call"
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:40 pm

Good enough for a beer, no? He'll probably think of you in the future (perhaps when he wants the safe combination changed, or an access control lock installed on the parts storeroom). Better than charging him $300 and never hearing from him again.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

rosindubh37713

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:48 am

My brother phoned me the other day and asked if I would be able to come down to the garage/shop where he works to open the boot/trunk on a car they were working on.
The boot/trunk operated with it's own key seperate to the doors and ignition and the Boss had lost the bot/trunk key!!

Anyway, I went down there with my KLOM Navigator picks which have the auto picks in it and with in about 20 seconds I had the boot/trunk open! (woohoo) as I lifted the boot guess what I found in there???
It was the missing key (LOL)

The boss gave me £40, what a result for a 20 second job (LOL)
Check out my Picking Videos @ http://uk.youtube.com/RosinDubh37713
<<

frantic57744

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:20 pm

The chances of me helping someone out are incredibly slim... Why ?? none of my relatives know I have any lock picking skill / equipment whatsoever and it,s the same same with friends they're totally oblivious to the fact I've over 220 videos on yt.. In fact a few friends who know I'm into the hobby share the hobby too suffice to say they could sort their own predicaments out.. Strange but true... :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/user/frantic57744

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
<<

rosindubh37713

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:53 pm

I'm the same mate, it's only my brother and dear old Mum that know I am into the hobby of lock picking
I tend to just keep it to myself.

frantic57744 wrote:The chances of me helping someone out are incredibly slim... Why ?? none of my relatives know I have any lock picking skill / equipment whatsoever and it,s the same same with friends they're totally oblivious to the fact I've over 220 videos on yt.. In fact a few friends who know I'm into the hobby share the hobby too suffice to say they could sort their own predicaments out.. Strange but true... :roll:
Check out my Picking Videos @ http://uk.youtube.com/RosinDubh37713
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Anybody that knows me also knows that I carry lockout tools in the pickup, and always a set of picks, I open stuff up for people all the time, mostly simple things, Master combo's or Master padlocks, the occasional Kwikset or Schlage.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:30 am

I also keep my hobby a secret. Having LP tools where I live is legally questionable ( that's why in my YT videos I don't talk and you don't see my face). So as a result I hardly ever get to help open locks.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:20 am

Where I live in Oregon, if you get pulled over by the cops and have these tools, it is questionable also, not illegal but you have to explain away, I am a locksmith, I tell them what they want to know, but I don't care, I consider my picks the same as a firearm, I think I have a right to carry them, I don't care who knows or who doesn't like it, it's nobodys business if they have a problem with it. I actually have gained respect from some people simply because I carry my tools, they may not like me or the skills that I know, but they know damb well I would be there in a minute to help them get in.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:12 pm

humiliated,defeated,embarrassed with failure?
seemed close.
i asked to open a heat control/thermostat grate in a local church hall.
it was a Friday,and all i had were pocket type emergency carry kit tools..
it turned out to be a one sided, five wafer camlock.
no sweat. wafers? silly. after all i have opened lots of these right?
here is where it becomes blatantly obvious that i would have to be some sort of
yoga contortionist to tension and pick this piss-ant of a lock.
mounted keyway down, with very little room between the floor and the lock,and also no space between the wall and the lock.
by the time i got it open my neck and back were kiling me.
seems comparing picking mounted locks as opposed to in-hand is ike night and day.
two same principles differently applied,like Aikido and boxing.

DSC04420.JPG

little bastard. not even rekeyable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:35 pm

awol70 wrote:humiliated,defeated,embarrassed with failure?
seemed close.
i asked to open a heat control/thermostat grate in a local church hall.
it was a Friday,and all i had were pocket type emergency carry kit tools..
it turned out to be a one sided, five wafer camlock.
no sweat. wafers? silly. after all i have opened lots of these right?
here is where it becomes blatantly obvious that i would have to be some sort of
yoga contortionist to tension and pick this piss-ant of a lock.
mounted keyway down, with very little room between the floor and the lock,and also no space between the wall and the lock.
by the time i got it open my neck and back were kiling me.
seems comparing picking mounted locks as opposed to in-hand is ike night and day.
two same principles differently applied,like Aikido and boxing.

DSC04420.JPG

little bastard. not even rekeyable.

If it's any consolation, you were on a mission from God. :roll:
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:If it's any consolation, you were on a mission from God.
:lol: He tests most, the ones he loves the most.
Next

Return to Random Banter