FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Recent work or Accomplishments

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: Recent work or Accomplishments

it's like when people are gathered around watching you pick a lock, somebody asks you to pick one of your easiest locks, and for some stupid reason, it won't pick. It makes me feel so stupid!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:06 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:it's like when people are gathered around watching you pick a lock, somebody asks you to pick one of your easiest locks, and for some stupid reason, it won't pick. It makes me feel so stupid!

murphy's law...never fails.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:07 am

A couple of weeks ago i changed all the locks on one of the local pubs and the supermarket, sort of a have to do right now job, it was a great little money spinner, not to mention the fact that i got a call out to the same supermarket the next day when the key the hardware store cut for them wouldn't work, ching ching, another $40 for opening the shop with there own key. ( it had been cut a little to far back )

I have also done a heap of lockout's, ( no charge, i just like opening their locks )

I tried to keep my picking a secret, but the first one of the wifes friends that got locked out, guesss who was standing at the front door of their house with a pick in his hand. and yes i did say "pick" in his hand.

I'm glad people know what i do now, it's great fun and i can earn a little extra cash as well.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:49 pm

I'm installing a 'deadlock' for a client.

But, I am unsure if it is a deadlock. Doing some research with Wiki, Google image search, Locksmithing Glossaries and other sources, I find this item being sold/identified under other names such as deadbolt or deadlatch.
What would you call this? Picture attached..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Warder wrote:I'm installing a 'deadlock' for a client.

But, I am unsure if it is a deadlock. Doing some research with Wiki, Google image search, Locksmithing Glossaries and other sources, I find this item being sold/identified under other names such as deadbolt or deadlatch.
What would you call this? Picture attached..

I call it a Jimmy Proof Night Latch. Why would you install this instead of a conventional deadbolt????
<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:09 pm

The client was locked out of his shed. He lost his key. I picked the padlock on the shed and sold him a new and similar padlock.
He then gave me the padlock without the key, thinking he would never find the key again.
Today he found the key and said I should pick it up if I wanted it for use with the lock he gave me. He didn't ask for the old padlock back. I went to pick up the key a was asked to install this 'Jimmy proof night-latch' in the photo.
The door of the shed only has a simple latch and padlock on it, and this new addition will only add more security for him.
So I'll install the 'jimmy proof night latch' tomorrow.
He handed me the item to install, so I'm just doing as requested. Easy work, really.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:00 pm

When I was 12 I moved out of my dads house and into an old farm house by myself, the only lock on the front door was an old lock that took a skeleton key!! I found one of these night latches new in the box in the shop and put it on my door, it actually was a very good lock, and was easy to install. Granted you can kick one open on an old wood door, but it worked!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
Previous

Return to Random Banter