FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Here is an idea

<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Here is an idea

Ok so I've got an idea. I've seen on other community websites to a link were they can go into a group IRC (mirc) chatroom. You just click on chat now and you are brought directly into a chatroom with anyone else in the community. I really enjoy talking to many of you and I think it would be a nice addition to the site. I think it would help the site grow and give us all a chance to get to know one another a little better. I have no concept of website design so I have not idea what goes into something like that..........What do you guys think?
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Here is an idea

Riff wrote:Ok so I've got an idea. I've seen on other community websites to a link were they can go into a group IRC (mirc) chatroom. You just click on chat now and you are brought directly into a chatroom with anyone else in the community. I really enjoy talking to many of you and I think it would be a nice addition to the site. I think it would help the site grow and give us all a chance to get to know one another a little better. I have no concept of website design so I have not idea what goes into something like that..........What do you guys think?

Look at the top of your page and click "board index". Scroll down. There you go.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:28 pm

The Tag board? I cant tell if you are serious half the time Hallis lol. Yea I see what you are saying but not a whole lot of people chat there. Not much is said. Unless you are talking about something else. :?
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:57 pm

No Riff, He is serious!! I thought about this a while back also, problem is, look at the tagboard, we can't get enough people online at the same time to use it, LP101 has a chat room, it is dead all the time, I don't think it would get used much, thats just my thought, I think it's cool that your looking for ways to help make this forum bigger and get more members, I just don't know if this idea would work.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:45 am

usmcboltaction wrote:It might be dead a lot of the time, but it would prolly be useful sometimes too. I don't know the tech side of doin stuff like that, but if it is easy and doesn't cost anything, why not try it. There have been times in the past where a few of us are posting back and forth so fast that it all gets confused.

That is true! I never thought of that! There have been a number of times that I am in a great discussion with somebody about something really interesting, I have sent probably up to 20 private messages back and fourth just to talk about something. I do see usmc's point.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:43 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:
usmcboltaction wrote:It might be dead a lot of the time, but it would prolly be useful sometimes too. I don't know the tech side of doin stuff like that, but if it is easy and doesn't cost anything, why not try it. There have been times in the past where a few of us are posting back and forth so fast that it all gets confused.

That is true! I never thought of that! There have been a number of times that I am in a great discussion with somebody about something really interesting, I have sent probably up to 20 private messages back and fourth just to talk about something. I do see usmc's point.

That's the point I was trying to make! :mrgreen:
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:42 pm

I now see your point Riff!! It may not get used all the time, but it would be useful to ask somebody in a P.M. who is online to go to "the room" and then you could actually have a discussion in real time. Also another idea for this, I have Msn messenger, if you add me or anyone else, when you see we are online you can chat that way as well if you ever needed help with something. P.M me email addresses and I will P.M. you mine if you ever want to chat.

Return to Random Banter