FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

maple syrup

<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:46 am

maple syrup

this has nothing to do with locksport, hope I'm in the correct section.

My mommy has just informed me that my favorite brands of syrup no longer contain any maple syrup! boo. If you check the ingredients there is no maple, just basically thickened sugar water. Any other states/countries/regions/kitchens encounter this?
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-Ron Burgundy
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:58 am

Re: maple syrup

If you see maple syrup on a store shelf and it cost's more than the rest, it will have maple in it, just look! They have been doing this for years! My family was so broke that my grandma made maple syrup for our pancakes, it was brown sugar and hot coffee, mixed together until it was thick by adding more brown sugar!! It doesn't taste half bad!! Make sure you do it on a heated burner.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:00 pm

Where I live we produce most of the maple syrup for the whole NE so I only buy the real stuff. It has gone up in price because last year was a bad one for producers however this year was great, strange though no drop in price. I like to put some maple syrup in my yogurt to make it sweeter.
<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:02 pm

Cool, Cool. Yeah, Hawaii imports most of that kind of stuff. Heck, would you believe we can less pineapple then we import nowadays?
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-Ron Burgundy
<<

Foo

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Was crap like Mrs. Butterworth ever maple syrup?
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:18 pm

Foo wrote:Was crap like Mrs. Butterworth ever maple syrup?

I don't think it ever was, I think the log cabin syrup used to be maple but I don't know if it still is or not.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.

Return to Random Banter