FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

A lockpicking story!

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:00 pm

A lockpicking story!

And before your criticize me about picking locks I don't own, put yourself in my shoes!

My dad is a logger and usually works behind locked gates on private property. I went with him today to help out because I didn't want him to be alone. On the way in I unlocked the gate with the keys that my dad had, after work we headed down and I went to unlock the lock, somebody had changed them!! There was a Federal padlock and a huge Medeco padlock, when we came in I unlocked an American. We are miles into the mountains, no food or water, nothing. I tried calling the sawmill, no response, the sheriff's office, no help. I couldn't pick that Federal for the life of me, no pins would set, couldn't even feel what I was doing, laying on my back in the rain picking this lock inside a well casing pipe. I have no experience with Federal, never even tried picking one before, and of course that Medeco was out!! We turned around and tried finding another way out, 15 miles or so later another gate, this time a Medeco, and a Master 532. That Master is the only reason I am home, warming up drinking an ice cold beer right now. Picking that lock to get home was something that I couldn't find an option to avoid. What would you guys do, and be nice!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: A lockpicking story!

haha quite a story man...

what would I have done you ask... Well i wouldnt have failed opening the federal :P

but in my defense I have several to practice on lol. :D

But I cannot say you were in the wrong picking that lock. you were inside lol... you werent getting in... you needen out. you picked a lock to go to your own house lol. plus you made all the proper phone calls first so... good job man

p.s.
the federal pins dont like to set... top tension + light tension... :D
enjoy. if you want one i can try and find one in the yard for you.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Picking a lock in your hand is one thing, laying on your back in a freezing Oregon coast rain, with a lock inside a big pipe shroud is another!!! I should have had it picked though! We still haven't been able to get ahold of anybody for answeres why they changed the locks without checking to see if we were working or not.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:01 pm

I would have picked the medeco :mrgreen:

Seriously though, picking a lock on a chain is one thing, but on a gate like you are talking about, and in the rain... Good job on the 532.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:11 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:I would have picked the medeco :mrgreen:

Seriously though, picking a lock on a chain is one thing, but on a gate like you are talking about, and in the rain... Good job on the 532.

My next option was a destructive one, there was a D6 Cat there, these equipment ignitions pick easy, I have run one of these quite a bit, I would have built a road around the gate and asked questions later. You should have heard my sigh of relief when I layed on my back and seen that 532! I was happy as hell, I didn't want to stay the night up there, we may not have had help until Monday, my dad is just playing catch up for these guys, thats the only reason why we are working this weekend. Other option was to walk out, a long ways!
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:00 pm

WOW...that sucks...lol...The ran has been miserable latley too...i can just picture you doing that...i never go into the woods without my bolt cutters and cordless sawzall...but not sure that would have helped...but you got out...good job..and your a bad man picking a lock in use..Couldnt you just have waitied for the helicopter rescue like i see on t.v.? lol
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:33 pm

Good job picking under those conditions buddy! :mrgreen:

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:37 pm

There is no chain with these locks they are on a pin system up inside a thick solid steel pipe. I found out why the locks got changed, it was an accident, the owner of the logging company has some nephews that didn't want anybody with keys to got up there and hunt, they changed the lock without checking the job site!!

Return to Random Banter