FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I got free locks.

<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: I got free locks.

elbowmacaroni wrote:So, due to the markings on the discs, I suppose the decoding method of putting clay on a tool and pulling back to make an imprint of the character stamped into the disc would work too.

incorrect. the putty is for rotational indication of discs only..mine was picked and keyed w/o opening the guts...(mine is from a RR so i believe this is why mine is simpler in construction)
good idea,though.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

barbarian

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:45 am

I took one apart again to check. The little plastic spaces would be a problem. They prevent anything from getting to the area where the numbers are and they partially cover the number. Held pretty tight by that spring and screw on cap.

Now maybe you could melt your way through them first..

Jaako Fagerlund developed the attack against ABUS Plus/Granit locks. He reached in with a bit of putty on a tool and was able to get a readable copy of the numbers pressed into the backs of the discs on the ABUS locks.

Found it..

http://koti.mbnet.fi/einstein/lp101/Obt ... eyCode.pdf

http://ndemag.com/issues/nde3.pdf

<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:41 pm

Awesome. Just bought one without the keys. I will apply all that I have learn from this thread!!!! Thanks y'all!
Previous

Return to Random Banter