FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

'nother new feature

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:19 pm

'nother new feature

Ok peeps, you can now search your PMs.

When you're on the PM page, there is a search box you can enter keywords to search for in there and it will search the messages, the subjects, and the users that sent them to you or you sent to.

there is also an advanced mode link next to the search box, that will let you exercise A LOT more control over the search.

Enjoy!
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:43 pm

Re: 'nother new feature

Wow.

You're much more efficient than HE WHOSE NAME WE DARE NOT SPEAK.

Thanks, elbow... :D
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:28 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:

Lord Valdemort? :mg1:

Very cool elbow. I could have used this the other day. Nice new smiley to...
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Great work elbow, were would we be without you :roll: Just a big thanks for all the work you do. :mrgreen:
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:47 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:
HallisChalmers wrote:

Lord Valdemort? :mg1:

Very cool elbow. I could have used this the other day. Nice new smiley to...

No, actually, I meant Mr. Global Domains International his own self...the guy that makes $10,000/per month doing nothing but cashing the checks as they roll in.
<<

cowbite

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Now I cant delete messages. Cant mark all or delete marked messages.
???
MCSE: Security | CompTIA: Security
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:58 pm

cowbite wrote:Now I cant delete messages. Cant mark all or delete marked messages.
???

Elbow's aware of the problem and he's working on it.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:31 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:No, actually, I meant Mr. Global Domains International his own self...the guy that makes $10,000/per month doing nothing but cashing the checks as they roll in.

Oh, right.... Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:46 pm

test wrote:Ha. that went well i see ;) . and im not being funny because i do love this site but in all fairness lew did do a heck of alot for this place and he had some serious knowledge.

OK I don't know the full story but i know it went something along the lines of he got extremely pissed off due to something and went on a rampage but you cant say anyone is more efficient because he did do a shit load for this site. And BTW I'm not slaughtering you elbow because you are a great guy and obviously you have some great skills.

and i know i haven't posted at all but i have been a lurker on here for ages so I've seen a fair bit of what goes down. :)

that's all I'll say on the matter because i don't want to hijack his thread.

Peace.

Well, anybody can start a forum, but only skilled people can keep it running. Lew had this place hacked more often than not. We don't even have spam anymore!!! He may have had some skills, but it wasn't computer related. Thanks to Hallis and Elbow and the rest of the crew, we now have a site that actually works, and works great. We have had more new people on the site in the past month than what lew had since he started this site. My two cents. sorry.

EDIT: Thanks for dropping by Lew, AKA Test. Hmm, seems though you have been banned.....again.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Well, here's the scoop... the jackholes who made the "mod" for the pm search, gave very lousy instructions. As following them breaks a TON of stuff. Fortunately for the users, 99.9999% of these issues were not experienced by anyone on the site as I use a second copy of the site AND A SECOND COPY OF THE DATABASE to test new things on before putting them onto the live site. Just this small inconvenience.

Sorry that it took a couple hours after being reported to me, but I had to run some errands, (pick up and feed the kid, etc...) and as soon as I had a chance it was fixed quickly. Rather than reload the altered files from the backup thereby removing the new feature, I chose to let this matter wait a couple hours as it wasn't something that really prevented the site from being used. It only prevented moving, marking and deleting PMs which honestly is something that isn't going to hurt anyone to have to wait an hour or two.

Rest assured that we now have nightly backups (to an off-server location and stored on mirrored drives) of the site, images, and the database, so that in the event of anything catastrophic we can return the board to the previous day's state. Since taking over as site admin, I have put many many MANY hours into improving the site functionality, performance, adding the full system backups, extensive search engine optimization changes, and more... Most of the changes I've made to the function of the site have not been mentioned publicly as a large amount of what has been done does not directly impact end user utility. Others, were not mentioned as they were just minor tweaks or repositioning of items, etc... just not worth mentioning.

And really Lew, do you think we're that stupid to not know that "test" you? UK IP address, email address for the account being your email address...

I don't deny that you have done alot for the site over the years. Hell, if it weren't for you starting it up, the site wouldn't even exist in the first place. But dude, it would have been nice if you had not flown off the handle and burned your bridges.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian

Return to Random Banter