FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

youtube jerks...><

<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:03 pm

youtube jerks...><

Most of us have dealt with this...people on youtube, who usually have no idea how to pick a lock,and have nothing better to do with their time than hassle committed, highly skilled people wishing to share their talents with the world.
I feel this is a relevant matter for all who pick locks on camera.
At first, (several years back ) I used to take these incidents very seriously, and get all worked up about the whole thing, ( you know, being slandered as just about everything negative there is,IE: crack dealer, criminal,tweeker,thief,and everything in between.)
in fact several of my fellow pickers have had to shut their channels down because of this type of harassment.
Through experience i can tell you that at the beginning when i did not know how to properly deal with these incidents, the absolute best thing was having someone to hear out the problem.
i suggest that if you are lucky enough to not have had this happen to, then great.,but if you have, why not share some of those wacky insults accusations,and assumptions here?
and remember the BLOCK USER button is right there....
also to avoid stooping to these people's level, please EXCLUDE youtube usernames in your post,and hopefully we can all have a good chuckle.

here is my latest ( of hundreds):(posted on my "lockjaw vid and since removed)

"people like you should be locked up for life and the key thrown away posting shit like this here. I will be looking into having you banned from this site JERK!"
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Re: youtube jerks...><

nice post mate love your work
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:52 pm

very nice post...

in my infant stage of youtubing I have not had any flamers yet (although I expect some)

I have however had a few on my website... Usually calling me gay... I just delete them and move on.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Well, since I only have one vid so far, and it's only been up for a few days, none yet, but I'm sure the idiots will come...

And really wtf? they had to be digging around for the material to come across it or something similar... Flippin asshats.

Ya know, I think the idea of this thread is interesting... I'm gonna sticky it to keep it up top so people add to it.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:06 pm

I don't do the youtube thing anymore, but I once had a locksmith from Colorado post some crap to me, I deleted it, I think he messed with Kokomo, or Awol as well, he basically told me that it was impossible to pick a Master Pro Series, he implied that I only had one pin in it. After I found his company name and told him I would not recommend anybody do business with him, he stopped cold, I never heard from him again.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

geardog32

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:34 pm

I am sort of surprised that they are mad because of the material. I have dealt with plenty of flaming assholes who flame post just to piss people off and get a rise out of you, but im surprised that they seem to be mad at the material. I cant say that this has happened to me on youtube yet, but this seems to be pretty common on forum websites. my first thought when i read the comment was that i bet someone got something stolen and somebody mentioned that the lock was probably picked, like the idiots they are they go on youtube to see how easy it is and then think you are the problem when in reality the person probably left it unlocked or some other method of entry. and like you said the best think to do is delete it and dont respond. just a bunch of idiots.
<<

bouncer965

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:31 am

"I hope they lock you up and throw away the key" !!!!!!

Blimey wouldnt that make a great vid for youtube huh? :mrgreen: You get put in a room and the only way your freedom is met is by picking your way out of it ..........i would personallly thank the fella for such a good idea :fu: :fu: :fu: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:16 am

The world is full of dumbasses. Though I sometimes enjoy reading flamers posts, especially the ones that sound like you alone were responsible for killing their puppy or something personal like that. Gives me a chuckle to read such angry and sometimes emotional posts.
Last edited by chris on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:44 am

I have had several mean and stupid comments. I like reading other peoples opinions, even if they are clueless as far as picking and security is concerned. I usually just tell them thanks for watching and that is normally the end of it. Mean people suck, and the world is full of them, hopefully no one closes their YouTube channel because of them.
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:44 am

bouncer965 wrote:"I hope they lock you up and throw away the key" !!!!!!

Blimey wouldnt that make a great vid for youtube huh? :mrgreen: You get put in a room and the only way your freedom is met is by picking your way out of it ..........i would personallly thank the fella for such a good idea :fu: :fu: :fu: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

THIS WOULD BE MY ULTIMATE DREAM :drool: Yes please

There are alot of misunderstood small minded people out there , ive had a few jerks and i know my pal & sponcer RosinDubh has too, i tend to ignor them now not rise to it all and swoop to there leval, like you say the delete button is right there, normally thats the end of it after that.

Wait till they leave you a message on your site in a Foreign Language :???: i use to edit the language making him look like a tool & leave it on my site for a few days , after that i thought it was a bit childish so i delated it & any other negative sh!t i get just gets deleted & forgot about :fu:
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:05 am

the lockpickkid wrote:I don't do the youtube thing anymore, but I once had a locksmith from Colorado post some crap to me, I deleted it, I think he messed with Kokomo, or Awol as well, he basically told me that it was impossible to pick a Master Pro Series, he implied that I only had one pin in it. After I found his company name and told him I would not recommend anybody do business with him, he stopped cold, I never heard from him again.

Yeah, how could i forget that one...he kinda just *poof* disapeared, after i posted this vid :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpXi9PaiCuE
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

ChicoSlim803

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:46 pm

lol i remember that one never noticed ur hand shaking before
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:55 pm

bouncer965 wrote:"I hope they lock you up and throw away the key" !!!!!!

that sounds like the Gringo Warrior contest they do at DEFCON...
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Not as bad as the comments Awol is getting, but here is one from tonight!

Most locks are defeatable by some method or other - and, as has been said, a thief would have to be particularly dextrous and well-equipped (and also pretty cocky) to attempt this on the open street. Admirable stuff to others of your ilk but most of us want to protect our precious bikes and this kind of well-broadcast information is, frankly, a bit of a pisser. Maybe your next challenge could be to design a better lock.

Here is a link to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBnBOoOdA54
<<

usmcboltaction

Funny Guy/Bouncer

Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:59 am

KokomoLock wrote:Not as bad as the comments Awol is getting, but here is one from tonight!

Most locks are defeatable by some method or other - and, as has been said, a thief would have to be particularly dextrous and well-equipped (and also pretty cocky) to attempt this on the open street. Admirable stuff to others of your ilk but most of us want to protect our precious bikes and this kind of well-broadcast information is, frankly, a bit of a pisser. Maybe your next challenge could be to design a better lock.

Here is a link to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBnBOoOdA54

At least that is constructive criticism, and kinda well thought out. The ones I get a kick out of readin are the ones that sound like some raving lunatic....shit spelling, horrible grammar, and bringing up the crackhead and tweaker stuff when there is no reason to. I always picture some tweaker that doesn't have the patience to sit down and learn to pick his nose, let alone a lock.

I haven't even looked at my comments on my vids for a long time, I should and see if there are any good ones on there for you guys...
Next

Return to Random Banter