FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Ultimate Lock Picking Video Tutorial

<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Ultimate Lock Picking Video Tutorial

I have been wanting to do a video for a while now, kind of a super video on how to pick a lock. A few questions and ideas for ya all to help with if you would.

1. Can Youtube do video in video videos? My idea is I have 2 HD cameras, what I want to do is point one at the side of a cutaway lock and one at the front of the lock.
2. Is there anyone here that can put the 2 video's together for me and make 1 video I can upload to YouTube? I am not into video editing.
3. What all should be included in the video?
4. Should it be one 15 minute covering all or a few shorter video's?
5. Is this even worth the effort? There are already so many how to pick lock videos on YouTube? Do you think it would help anyone?

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you all think. Thanks.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: Ultimate Lock Picking Video Tutorial

lol youtube can do whatever you upload to it man... so it sounds like you need video editing software ;)

i think 1 15min vid would be awsome, it need to show all the basics in how locks work and why picking works and finally how it works aswell as some issues beginners have

everything from binding order to correctly setting pins... it should be an spp video since that is the 100% way to open a lock with skills... meaning that some locks cannot be raked if you dont have the right tools but spp hasnt anything to do with tools its about skills

i planned to do this for my 100th video
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

sandman

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:06 pm

locksmith army should be able to help you with all of that. you can do anything with youtube, your only limited to your camera and editing software. then all you have to do is download.

if i could make a suggestion, make a gian ass lock! you could just use two 5 gallon buckets, put one inside the other, simulating the plug rotating inside the cylinder, drill 5 holes, insert wooden dowel rods for the pins, you dont necessarily need springs. so you can show how little rotation is needed to bind the pins while raising them SPP. just a thought
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:16 pm

sandman wrote:locksmith army should be able to help you with all of that.

i dont have any editing software... i can only clip video with the standard hp software
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:23 pm

well if anyone knows what software is preferable i will make sure to get it to you Kokomo or LSA. pm with the details :) and i think like a few of us should make a short vid and patch em together. that would be cool to. a compilation maybe im crazy :)

Return to Random Banter