FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

The Life of a Locksport Community Member

<<

MacGyver101

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: The Life of a Locksport Community Member

rai wrote:it was a steel shackle and a round tube with five plastic wheels on it, letters, not numbers on it [...] button on one end of the lock

That sounds like the Staples-branded version of the WordLock? If so, I ran a quick patent search, and couldn't find any internal drawings of the mechanism... but knowing what model of lock it is may help you connect with someone else who's more familiar with it.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:53 pm

looked exactly like that
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Uh, no I was wrong, the button on the end of the tube was metalic and pushed to the bottom of the tube, there were three lines on the button to give it some finger purchase.
but all the rest was the same.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm

I found the right one at wordlock dot com/ padlocks
scroll down to the one that looks almost like the one with the black plastic button in your link and you will see three of them in a view that only shows a tiny bit of the metalic button on the bottom at end of tube and no black plastic button coming out of the tube. the metalic button is in the bottom left side and you can only see a bit of it.

thanks for sending me in the right direction, Im gonna get one and figure it out

The wikipedia entry says it won an award from staples. so this is just a varient that is probably sold there
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:12 am

I went to wordlock.com and downloaded the pdf for that lock, it mentioned that the lock with 5 wheels is capable of a four letter word because there is a null space for that on the fifth wheel,
from there is became obvious.....
Thanks,

The is a wikipedia entry on this lock, staples gave them an award as one of the 100 best inventions of the year
so now there is a lock that can be opened with a little bit of social research, whats the name of your dog, cat, wife, friend, car, what four letter words do ya swear by..
<<

Logan

Familiar Face

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:14 pm

xeo wrote:nobody really gives a shit enough (general population) to watch it

IDK man I for one have always enjoyed watching your videos they keep me motivated to keep working at getting better. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who would be happy to see your video activity go up a bit.
You pick like a boss.
"My only definite plan is that in the future I'm definitely just using this screwdriver for screwing in screws" -The Doctor

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
<<

Warder

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm recruiting new Keypicking.com members now.
Small numbers but enthusiastic new pickers!
Keeping it fresh.
<<

bearbones

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Sometimes I feel as though I'm in stages 1 though 4 all rolled into one. I've been picking a while and I'm looking forward to high security locks, on the other hand I have started to pair down some of the locks that I have by way of giving tools and locks to others who are interested in learning. Depending on the setting any given day I might fell like the child again (while talking to the master locksmith who trained me) and I might feel like the grizzled veteran as I whip through a lock with spools and serrated pins while some friends of mine are still wrestling with master #3 clones from china. I don't think I'm one of the greats, yet. But I know there's room for me at the head of the class.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:55 pm

Nice bump Jason. This was a great piece of writing when it first aired... and still is today.

This forum keeps me right-sized. When I scroll around I'm reminded of just how little I really know. lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Squelchtone

Post Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:13 pm

where's the part about becoming a moderator or admin on a forum? =)
<<

VancouverSpecial

Post Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:34 am

Squelchtone wrote:where's the part about becoming a moderator or admin on a forum? =)

Two possible additions to the Life of a Locksport Community Member:

Ascension - to moderator
- not a stage rather a state of being :)

...if one can go up, let's not leave out the other forum-life-path one can take, the fall from grace....

Forum Death - by banning
- the unfortunate and somewhat ironic final state of the OP, given the title of the thread :(

As a newish member I love it when interesting old threads like this get bumped - great stuff - so much hidden gold in them archives!

Kind regards,
Sean

P.s.

I would consider myself in the latter parts of Stage 2 and moving into Stage 3 - my picking skills are still in need of improvement to be fully Stage 3 yet.
Previous

Return to Random Banter