FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Company complaint?

<<

firstbiggestmost

Familiar Face

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Re: Company complaint?

Good picking and very cool to see the number of locks growing! Very exciting! Thanks again oldfast and all the guys contributing to this pass along. I'm sure i can find something fun to add to the locks. :drool:
What man has done, man can do.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:07 am

3:30 for a 7 pin lock out of box is nothing to scoff at! I'm nervous that I won't even get it at all...

Will someone direct me to the "instructions for how to handle the pass along" post so I know when it gets to me who I'm supposed to send it to next, please?

Also so I can see how far down the list I am?

Thanks!
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:25 am

Tarquin wrote:Will someone direct me to the "instructions for how to handle the pass along" post so I know when it gets to me who I'm supposed to send it to next, please?

Here, on page four of this thread is the list viewtopic.php?p=51887#p51887

You'll be receiving it next from mdchurchill. When you're done, you'll be sending it on to NoNeedForKey.
When that time comes, just PM NoNeedForKey for an address, and keep in contact with him.

If you have ANY questions as to the packaging/shipping of the locks (or anything else) don't hesistate
to shoot me a PM. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. And above all, just have fun with it!!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:32 am

those pagodas are really fun... nice job picking it man
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:50 am

Thanks, OldFast!

Okay, I'm up to speed! I'm so pumped to take a shot at it too. This is gonna be fun!
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:54 am

LocksmithArmy wrote:those pagodas are really fun...

Indeed they are! For anyone receiving the pass along, Chris (Pickafication) was kind enough to throw one in.

I've only purchased/picked one myself... http://youtu.be/3Yz6q56Rv6Q so it'll be fun to have another!

LSA, I'm sure, has picked his fair share of em' :wink: and he explains more in his vid than I do in mine... http://youtu.be/2msUNGUnGt4

On a side-note: The company selling these locks on ebay (Vending Machine World) I noticed, has recently made my channel one of their 'contacts'. LOL
Hopefully I'm not about to have the exact same 'go-around' with this company as I did with MMF Industries (which is what started this whole thread) hahaa!!
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Hey, in LSA's video he mentioned that he didn't know the binding order, but that "I think the one closest to my wrench will be first because that's where my tension is."

I thought that locks always bound from the back in most cases. This is a different kind of lock though.

What I'm wondering is if this is true of pin tumbler locks as well, because I almost always use TOK torsion and my wrench is thus, pretty damned close to the first pin. In other words, shouldn't it bind first in most of my pin tumbler locks?
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Oldfast wrote:
LocksmithArmy wrote:those pagodas are really fun...

Indeed they are! For anyone receiving the pass along, Chris (Pickafication) was kind enough to throw one in.

I've only purchased/picked one myself... http://youtu.be/3Yz6q56Rv6Q so it'll be fun to have another!

LSA, I'm sure, has picked his fair share of em' :wink: and he explains more in his vid than I do in mine... http://youtu.be/2msUNGUnGt4

On a side-note: The company selling these locks on ebay (Vending Machine World) I noticed, has recently made my channel one of their 'contacts'. LOL
Hopefully I'm not about to have the exact same 'go-around' with this company as I did with MMF Industries (which is what started this whole thread) hahaa!!

lol you obliterated my time... ill look forward to getting this box so I can redeem myslef lol (mine was stuck with tension i have no clu how long it took to actually pick it but it wouldnt turn) nice vid
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:07 pm

lol... Well, in all fairness, I'd probably done picked the shit out of that lock. It's the only one of it's kind I have, and ya know how that goes.

It always leaves me wondering: Have I actually become familiar w/ a certain type of lock... or is it that I've just picked the livin' shit outta ONE of em.

That's partly why I'm excited to have another. Plus, you LSA, were the one that gave me hope that they were pickable in the first place! LoL
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:13 pm

lol well thanks... ;)

i did not have mine long... i got the vid then sold it :( now i wish i had more of em... they are fun...
<<

Oldfast

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:16 pm

LSA... So Sour just watched my vid on the ABA lock, and wondered if it was at all similar to a wise lock. I've always thought the top & bottom tumblers work indepenently from one another, but I thought I'd check it out before I responded. I just picked it 3 times touching ONLY the bottom tumblers while tensioning from the top!!! lol

Again, this is only ONE of these locks (far from a fair test group), but as it stands right now....
it seems we need only manipulate 4 tumblers in order to open these "high-security" locks. LOL
I wish you still had yours so you could confirm this. Or, maybe someone else has one of these?
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:18 am

Ok, so I figure a week is long enough to hold on to the pass along. I'm getting nowhere with the pagoda or that DAMN HURD PADLOCK!!!! Sorry, but it's such an unsuspecting padlock. It is confounding me.

I will be sending it on to Tarquin on Saturday. Tarquin sorry I know you told me you don't want it yet so you better get something on video quick.

Oldfast, thank you for including me in this one. I will try again the next time one goes out. I can't wait to see some other people pick the modified cylinder I'm including.
<<

vienessewaltzer

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:03 am

Good picking Churchill!
<<

Oldfast

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 am

mdchurchill wrote:Ok, so I figure a week is long enough to hold on to the pass along. I'm getting nowhere with the pagoda or that DAMN HURD PADLOCK!!!! Sorry, but it's such an unsuspecting padlock. It is confounding me.

I will be sending it on to Tarquin on Saturday. Tarquin sorry I know you told me you don't want it yet so you better get something on video quick.

Oldfast, thank you for including me in this one. I will try again the next time one goes out. I can't wait to see some other people pick the modified cylinder I'm including.

Thank YOU Matt! I was delighted to see ya sign up for it. I get alot of enjoyment watchin' locks go around the community... whether they're from me or someone else.
And yeah, lol, that HURD is somethin'. Before sending it out, I managed to pick it several times... but far from consistant. I couldn't tell ya the binding order if I tried!
I seem to remember the first 3 pins will drop you into a false... but from there, it's like a game of bop-em' lol. Set one, lose two... set two, lose one. Good stuff!

And I'm eager to see your modded lock!! Thanks again for playin'. The pleasure was all mine :wink:
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Oldfast wrote:LSA... So Sour just watched my vid on the ABA lock, and wondered if it was at all similar to a wise lock. I've always thought the top & bottom tumblers work indepenently from one another, but I thought I'd check it out before I responded. I just picked it 3 times touching ONLY the bottom tumblers while tensioning from the top!!! lol

Again, this is only ONE of these locks (far from a fair test group), but as it stands right now....
it seems we need only manipulate 4 tumblers in order to open these "high-security" locks. LOL
I wish you still had yours so you could confirm this. Or, maybe someone else has one of these?

they do not work like a wise lock

BUT the "top" and "bottom" tumblers are the same...

there are disks... shaped like Os and these disks have prongs that fall into grooves like a wafer lock... only the grooves are not based on up and down motion like a standard wafer lock they are based on how far back the wafers are pushed...

on a website somewhere (the aba website) there is a neat anamation that shows how they work
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter