FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Company complaint?

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: Company complaint?

mdchurchill wrote:I will tell you this, if you put a Farmerfreak lock or an Assa v-10 or something like that in the bag I will pass it along I'm still learning! That said a challenge would be welcomed though.

Haha.. hell no, it's nothing THAT insane Matt. I myself probably wouldn't win that battle. lol
firstbiggestmost wrote:I know I'm new around here, but it would be cool to get in on the action.

My locks always seem to enjoy passin' through Florida anyway :) You're on the list.
Aedalas wrote:I'd love to get in on this too if that's okay. I probably won't be able to pick anything but the easiest (so I won't have it long :razz: ) but I have a lock I'd like to throw in and see picked. Shipping to the next is no problem.

Certainly Andrew! The list is updated.
m0ose wrote:I'm excited to see the bag make some rounds. To bad you don't have Keyes to stuff in the bag too. :P

lol. I've never had the pleasure of the little fella's company. After everything he's seen though, I'd bet he's a better picker than me! lol
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:07 pm

So here we go... the Money Deposit Bag Tour. I'm including a 6-pin HURD lock that gave me a fun
little battle with some surprises along the way. Thought you guys might enjoy it too. :D

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT...there aren't many really.

The only requirement is that you enjoy the locks, package them well, and pay shipping to the next guy.
If you feel compelled to add a lock to the mix to spice things up, that's great, but CERTAINLY NOT REQUIRED.
Also, a video always makes things fun too (out-of-box, or after the fact). But again, NOT REQUIRED.

THE LIST... people & order may change as we go.

Pickafication
mdchurchill
Tarquin
NoNeedForKey
LocksmithArmy
Thedonofdeath
firstbiggestmost
vienessewaltzer
Aedalas
hookedupinc

I TRULY hate to exclude ANYONE! But if you just recently joined the forum... please try to appreciate my reluctancy.
If you're really interested in participating though, certainly feel free to PM me... and we'll go from there.
Thanks so much to all of you for helping me enjoy this wonderful hobby!
Last edited by Oldfast on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:33 am, edited 11 times in total.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:37 pm

I can't wait. When it comes to me make sure and make it so it requires a signature please. Been having problems with the mail. I will certainly do the same to the next guy.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Bitchin! Theres going to be two pass-alongs going around. This will be epic!! OLDFAST! SIGN UP FOR MINE!! THE INGERSOLL BECKONS YOU :twisted:
<<

Logan

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:49 am

I honestly think standing up on this was/is a damn fine thing. If companies were allowed to just hammer down whoever they wanted for showing just how secure or insecure a product is (and although I haven't seen the original video, it's seems to me they just thought you made them look bad), there would be no pressure to keep the quality up and people would suffer for it.
I'm probably just reiterating the obvious (in the aforementioned and the following) but I thought it bears mention.
I like to think we (well more you guys really, until I get better) make sure the lock manufacturers (and the government, Yup I caught the Stop SOPA and ACTA bits too) are still doing their jobs and being honest but maybe I've been reading and watching too many locksport/picking books and videos, idk.
Anyway you guys managed to make my night again tonight; keep being awesome.
Damn it, some of that still came out reading like a gush. Oh well, I'm not rewriting it again. I wrote it because I mean it and I'll stand by it.
"My only definite plan is that in the future I'm definitely just using this screwdriver for screwing in screws" -The Doctor

┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐
<<

firstbiggestmost

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:48 am

Very cool Oldfast! Cant wait to try an pick them and will definitely post videos one way or the other lol! Thanks for giving me a crack at them :hbg:
What man has done, man can do.
<<

Oldfast

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 pm

@ Sour: Indeed I'll be keepin' an eye on that epic box, and may very well get in on the action toward the end if it works out. :yep:

@ Logan: Yup, we have the right to enjoy locks and to freely share information.... at least for now :???: lol

So I'm just waiting for a 'thumbs-up' from Chris, and I'll get the package rollin'
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Fuck that playing nice. You didn't do anything wrong.

I'd like to get on the list to share the lock.
<<

Oldfast

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Tarquin wrote:Fuck that playing nice. You didn't do anything wrong.

Yes, no doubt I was well within my rights when posting the vid. However, it can sometimes be difficult to stand up for your rights AND be respectful at the same time.
The fact that this situation played out slowly over the internet helped me in regards to that. It not only gave me time for research, but also to decide how to word my
response in a decent manner. All-in-all I feel ok with how I presented myself and the lockpicking community.

Tarquin wrote:I'd like to get on the list to share the lock.

You got it buddy! It'll be comin' to ya from Arizona. Refer to the list from time to time though, as it may change depending on who else jumps on the wagon.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks, Oldfast!

Now I need to find some stuff to add to the bag when I get it. I don't know what all I'll be able to pick from the bag, but I'm excited to give it a shot. I'll try to do a video of out of package picking. We'll see how badly that goes for me though.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:36 am

Apologies for the double post, but I notice it's a 7 pin lock. If someone could help me out and either post a tutorial on that lock, or at least cheat a bit and shoot me a PM with the binding order to help me get it the first time "out of box" I'd appreciate that.

Oldfast, you're just using a standard hook on that, right?
<<

pickafication

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:13 am

mdchurchill wrote:I can't wait. When it comes to me make sure and make it so it requires a signature please. Been having problems with the mail. I will certainly do the same to the next guy.

ill make sure there of that bud.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:33 am

pickafication wrote:
mdchurchill wrote:I can't wait. When it comes to me make sure and make it so it requires a signature please. Been having problems with the mail. I will certainly do the same to the next guy.

ill make sure there of that bud.

Thank you. I'm excited for this and I don't want any problems to be a result of it coming here.
<<

Oldfast

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Tarquin wrote:Apologies for the double post, but I notice it's a 7 pin lock. If someone could help me out and either post a tutorial on that lock, or at least cheat a bit and shoot me a PM with the binding order to help me get it the first time "out of box" I'd appreciate that.

Oldfast, you're just using a standard hook on that, right?

Yep, a standard short hook does just fine with it. And don't underestimate yourself Tarquin. Be it a 3-pin or a 7-pin lock... you're still simply lookin' for the binding pin,
setting it, then lookin' for the next one. With any 'first encounter', I'd suggest putting just your pick in to feel around a bit first. This way you'll know that the pick you've
chosen and the angle at which you're using it will indeed allow you to lift each pin to it's maximum height (if need be). Once you've established the pick fits the bill.....
put your tensor in and get busy. Binding pin, always lookin' for that next binding pin. Personally, I like to lightly run over the pins from back to front in order
to catch/find/feel for the binding pin... but that's just me.

Above all, just have fun. If you don't get it... I actually enjoy fail vids :D Or, shoot a vid after you've gotten familiar with em'... that's just as fun.
<<

Tarquin

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:27 pm

I don't mind posting a fail vid, plus just to show what's in the bag and such. I can do that.

Ideally I'd post one a couple days later of me popping it easily as well though.
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter