FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Days like today.....

<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Days like today.....

So I start the day out by smashing my hand between a pallet and a 300lb safe door scraping the shit out of my hand. Tore chunks of meat off my fingers. I ran home had my brother help patch my hand up.

Got back to the shop with my hand still throbbing and had to go install *a* Detex alarm on a door at a dollar store. I got to the store where she handed me a box with two Detex units in it instead. She pointed at two different doors and I said I would start at the one I could see and then later have her show me where the other one was. After setting off the original Detex alarm the manager explained to me that the reason I'm installing new units is that she does not have a working key for the old one. I rush out to my van get my tubular pick and shut the damn thing off. Get the first one installed and go and ask where the manager is at. She tells me the manager just went to the bank but there is only one other door in the place so I get the other one installed a lot quicker than the first and I'm out of there.

I get back to the shop and my boss tells me they just called and need me to call them again at the dollar store. I call them up and the cashier had told me the wrong door I had to go back and take it off the second door and put it on the door that didn't exist before. I get back, take it off the second door and get it installed on the newly found door and open the door to test it..............I installed it on the wrong side of the door.

I take it down and put it on the other side of the door (it had every indication it opened from the right not the left) and get the hell out of there. I can really do without days like this.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Re: Days like today.....

Wow, looks like your Monday came a day late.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Oh man... I really hope your hand didn't get it too bad.

Sometimes the only thing to look foward to throughout the day.... is the fact that it WILL end eventually.

Thanks for helpin' me out. All-of-a-sudden, my day (which I felt wasn't all too good) just got a little better. lol

And.... hate to admit it.... but I couldn't help but laugh at some of your misfortune. But hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves, well.. ya know.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Violaetor

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Oldfast wrote:But hey, if we can't laugh at ourselves, well.. ya know.

...We'll always have you to do it for us. :razz:
Looking to get something made? Send me a PM!
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Good thing days like those aren't a constant factor. Sounds like it was a rough one, and I hope your hand heals up nice and quick.
<<

exiluxis

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Look at the bright side. Its days like that maks you smile at the normal days

Return to Random Banter