FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Professional Inquiry Here

<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Professional Inquiry Here

So my friend, who is a car salesman, was telling me that a 2012 Chevrolet Cruz ia designed to resist car opening methods, such as; air wedges, long reach tools and picking. He said that you "Have to bend the door, in order to access the inside. and even if you do that, you still cant pop and locks open with tools and switches." I find this to be too tall to stand. I wanna hear some feedback on this. Is this true, or is my friend blowing smoke?
<<

axegod5150

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:13 pm

Re: Professional Inquiry Here

i could see chevy doing something like that to force people to rely on their onstar systems instead of local locksmiths. anything to sell you some extra shit...
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm sure it's very difficult to open but there is a Lishi tool out for the HU100 keyway that it uses.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm pretty sure that it won't be any different to pick than any of the other chevy's on the hu100 keys.

Probably just a salesman making stuff up that he doesn't know anything about. Anything to get a sale...
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:19 am

It's a HU100? Cool, I got those on my Vauxhall. Not the easiest pick but not too tricky with a Lishi 2 in 1. Actually, I might have a Lishi pick for the HU100 going if anybody's interested? It's NOT the 2 in 1, it's the pick cos I've now got the 2 in 1. It's in great condition though, nice little tool.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:26 am

huxleypig wrote:It's a HU100? Cool, I got those on my Vauxhall. Not the easiest pick but not too tricky with a Lishi 2 in 1. Actually, I might have a Lishi pick for the HU100 going if anybody's interested? It's NOT the 2 in 1, it's the pick cos I've now got the 2 in 1. It's in great condition though, nice little tool.

how much?
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:33 am

Something you would probably like to know before buying a hu100 pick. The hu100 (2-1) pick I got I had to modify to work for chevy's. It looks like the tool was made for locks with shoulder stops?! But the chevy keys are all tip stop and the shoulder stop on the pick prevents it from going in far enough.

It can be fixed with a dremel and a file. But it does appear to leave the pick in a weakened state. Does anybody know if this issue has been fixed with newer versions of the pick?
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:13 am

I don't know for sure but lockpicks.com is selling them for Chevy advertised as the HU100-V2. That website has a pretty good customer service department so if you called them I'm sure they would tell you.
<<

huxleypig

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:06 am

Farmerfreak wrote:Something you would probably like to know before buying a hu100 pick. The hu100 (2-1) pick I got I had to modify to work for chevy's. It looks like the tool was made for locks with shoulder stops?! But the chevy keys are all tip stop and the shoulder stop on the pick prevents it from going in far enough.

It can be fixed with a dremel and a file. But it does appear to leave the pick in a weakened state. Does anybody know if this issue has been fixed with newer versions of the pick?

I know what ur saying there. On my Vauxhall all of the locks are tip stopped BUT the ignition lock accepts the key into it quite a lot further than the door lock. I think I'm right in saying that the pick (NOT the 2 in 1) I'm talking about selling has a shoulder on it and this prevents it going into the ignition far enough. It's fine for the door though. Like you say, if you were to file it away a bit then there'd be no problem. I really don't know why they put the shoulder on there because with the 2 in 1 that I have (must be a later version) it isn't there at all and fits into any HU100 lock.

**EDIT** Scratch that - mine is a HU100 V2 2 in 1 and it STILL has the annoying shoulder on it that prevents it from going all the way into the ignition. Why???? The only thing I can think of is that maybe there are other models that use the HU100 lock out there that DO use the shoulder of the key to stop its journey into the lock?

I don't really want to dremel it but looking at the tool, I don't think it'd compromise the strength of it if I did trim it down a little.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:39 am

I dont as a rule decode the car door lock useing the two in one picks,if the keys are lost after entry i go straight for the ignition to remove and put a replacment in place.
This then enables me to decode the lock later on and time to get the key cut.
nine out of ten times the ignition key will fit the doors and for me his much easier,as one mistake on the key is costly,when you take in mind the price of keyfob keys.
i did at one time remove the panelling around the ignition to do this,but depending on the model,you can get away with a small hole in the casing as a small plug afterwards is no detriment at all,and dont worry about finding a plug as cars allready have plenty to cover screws etc.
This helps as you dont have to stock all the keys and most sellers will cut the key for you when ordering,if you provide the code.
Time being money guys. PROVIDING THE CAR OWNER CAN DRIVE THE CAR AWAY AND WAIT FOR A RELACMENT KEY AND ORIGINAL IGNITION PUT BACK IN THAT HIS.
SECURING THE CAR IN THE TIME BEING IS THE OWNERS RESPONSIBILITY.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 am

10ringo10 wrote:I dont as a rule decode the car door lock useing the two in one picks,if the keys are lost after entry i go straight for the ignition to remove and put a replacment in place.
This then enables me to decode the lock later on and time to get the key cut.
nine out of ten times the ignition key will fit the doors and for me his much easier,as one mistake on the key is costly,when you take in mind the price of keyfob keys.
i did at one time remove the panelling around the ignition to do this,but depending on the model,you can get away with a small hole in the casing as a small plug afterwards is no detriment at all,and dont worry about finding a plug as cars allready have plenty to cover screws etc.
This helps as you dont have to stock all the keys and most sellers will cut the key for you when ordering,if you provide the code.
Time being money guys. PROVIDING THE CAR OWNER CAN DRIVE THE CAR AWAY AND WAIT FOR A RELACMENT KEY AND ORIGINAL IGNITION PUT BACK IN THAT HIS.
SECURING THE CAR IN THE TIME BEING IS THE OWNS RESPONSIBILITY.

With a Ford that has a transponder system in it I can decode the door locks in a couple minutes. Then open the laptop and put the cuts in instacode which gives me a cutting tree. Many many times on Fords I will end up with only one possible code so I just cut that key to start. I try it on a metal keyblank that costs maybe .25 cents and test it. Then cut it onto the transponder key(s) and I'm done. Why pull the ignition and have your customer come to your shop after you've decoded the lock etc?

With a GM the code is usually stamped on the lock and just put it right back in and cut a key. That is the whole point to pick and decoders is to be able to cut a key much faster.

I got lucky with a Nissan Maxima that was older and the ignition had been swapped. I made the door keys but they didn't work the ignition. Since they use the same amount of spaces I picked and decoded the ignition separately. Spared the customer the time and expense.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:36 pm

All valid good points.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Some of my lishi tools including HU100.
locksmith auto tools 003.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm going to start investing in lishi tools. They seem to carry a lot of bang for the buck, plus I wanna open an HU100 just to show my friend up :D
<<

huxleypig

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Oh yeah, my HU100 pick. I'm in the states soon remember sour, how about a swap for that medeco?
Next

Return to Random Banter