FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Happy Memorial Day

<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial day. Be safe, too many already died for a good reason don't get stupid and die for no reason.

chive-memorial-35.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon May 28, 2012 10:36 am

Re: Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day Md and Keypicking!
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon May 28, 2012 2:37 pm

When remembering our fallen heroes of war, here are some quotes of our country's forefathers to keep in mind.

The Founders Warnings:

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Ben Franklin

ESPECIALLY, WHEN THE BIGGEST THREAT IS THE SAME GROUP TAKING OUR LIBERTIES AWAY!

“Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.”
George Washington

“Over grown military establishments are under any form of government inauspicious to and hostile to liberty.”
George Washington

“It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.”
George Washington

“If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
George Washington

“I prefer dangerous freedom, to peaceful slavery.”
Thomas Jefferson

“The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.”
Thomas Jefferson

“When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.”
Thomas Jefferson

“I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.”
Thomas Jefferson

“The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.”
Thomas Jefferson

“All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.”
Thomas Jefferson

“Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day.”
Thomas Jefferson

“No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.”
James Madison

“I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpation.”
James Madison

“It is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad.”
James Madison

“We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.”
James Madison

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
Patrick Henry

“The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.”
Patrick Henry

“I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging of the future but by the past…. Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us…. it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come….Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace– but there is no peace. The war is actually begun!….Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”
Patrick Henry

The Founders Answers:

“A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”
George Washington

“The strongest reason for the people to retain to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
Thomas Jefferson

“The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
Patrick Henry

“To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
George Mason
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 28, 2012 2:52 pm

"Live free or die- Death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Something to live by if you appreciate the sacrifices our men have made.

Return to Random Banter