FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I've always wondered...

<<

Jinglesanator

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:52 pm

I've always wondered...

I've always wondered why they don't make locks in the US with like 20 (or more) pins with a super long cylinder b/c it would make it suuuuuuuuuper hard to pick.

Heh, maybe I shoud send an e-mail to brinks to custom order one!
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:57 pm

Re: I've always wondered...

Because you'd have a key the size of a rifle in your pocket.

Lew
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 pm

it would have sloppy tolerances. and production would cost too much. materials would cost too much.
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:20 am

Ooooooooh, I get it now! :mrgreen:
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:06 pm

also, it would be too big to mount on a door. unless it is the door at the white house leading into the oval office... that thing is a foot thick, but for normal doors, it would be too long.
<<

m0ose

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:20 am

Well, when my design for a new lock/cylinder is developed, you will be surprised at the amount of pins I can fit in those babies. :P

I've been working on some designs using standard pin tumbler locks and such. Though, I have a feeling that one thing I will regret is that the only thing I can think to do is add more pins. But it's sad because quantity is not quality. So I hope my design does more then just cause a headache when it breaks. :P

Now, if only I could figure out how to 3D model...
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:21 pm

speaking of new lock development, i think that i might be able to make a new type molded after tube cylinders and dimple locks. but it probably wouldn't work. who knows...maybe it will be a good shot. i mean, medeco and bilock didn't fail.
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:10 pm

The more pins more security idea isn't a new one. Alpha gaming machine locks have 17 pins, and Kaba cam locks have 16. Instead of all in a row they just use mutiple rows.
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:13 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:The more pins more security idea isn't a new one. Alpha gaming machine locks have 17 pins, and Kaba cam locks have 16. Instead of all in a row they just use mutiple rows.

that's how the bilock works. 12 pins but in 2 rows.
no matter how good you are there is still room for improvement. if you keep working you will be the best there ever will be. Banned For Persistently Annoying Others After Continually Being Warned. --- Learn From His MistakeImage
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:22 pm

I've never seen one, so it didn't come to mind. I didn't read your post to the end either, or maybe I wouldn't have been so quick to suggest the others. Oops. :mrgreen:
<<

Jc2intelligent

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:25 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:I've never seen one, so it didn't come to mind. I didn't read your post to the end either, or maybe I wouldn't have been so quick to suggest the others. Oops. :mrgreen:

:lol: here's the bilock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GSvOpG3H5Y
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:44 pm

I can't view YouTube vid's, so I have never really seen any pick vids. I am just assuming this one isn't of those since I read the specs on the site and it is a double side bar locking mech. I'll have to find more sources... thanks for the heads up.

Return to Random Banter