FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Pets of Keypicking

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Re: Pets of Keypicking

:agree: And she did save it the pain of either starving or death by predators.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Railyn wrote:
CPT1911 wrote:That's pretty chilling.

It was merciful :O would be more merciful if I didn't take it home and fed it first but still...!
He would have had his brain hatched out my other birds if I left him there, and if I kept him he would spend the entire time with a tummy ache since I didn't know if I fed him the right things since I don't know what kind of bird he was. And even if the food didn't slowly kill him he would surely be eaten by a cat later on or starve to death because he don't know how to survive alone...

At least it would have went out with honor instead of dying instantly to a car tire.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Railyn

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:58 am

What's the honor in having your brain hatched out while being cooked alive in the sun because you got kicked out of the nest?:s
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:10 am

Euthanizing an animal is not an easy thing to do.
It's common to second-guess yourself: "did I do everything I could for the animal, within my means?" or "was I as humane as possible?"
Sometimes the situation is clear cut but other times, it can be hard to know where and when exactly to draw that line.
I don't envy anyone who has to make that choice, regardless of whether it's for a wild animal they've run across or for a beloved pet that's been a companion for ages.
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:18 am

Indeed, it must have been a hard choice.
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

Railyn

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:25 am

It was, I loved that annoying little bugger but I was scared he was in pain. So tried to make it a quit death.
<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!
The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:43 pm

Every nesting season at my work I have to dispatch several chicks from the starlings who nest in the hundreds in the buildings eves . They do just as she said roast in the sun not pleasant . I kill them and the crows feed there chicks with them .
<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:16 pm

This is Bob, named after some lyrics to a Screeching Weasel song.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Railyn wrote:What's the honor in having your brain hatched out while being cooked alive in the sun because you got kicked out of the nest?:s

Good point.

And MBI is right...the decision to put down an animal is never an easy one. Railyn, I can tell that you were genuinely trying to do what you felt was right.

I pondered this a little yesterday, and I honestly think most of us just reacted to how descriptive you were about the method, lol! :hammering:

Reading through it, it's like "here's a cute dog, here's another cute dog, oh...that bird's kinda messed up....vroom, vrooom....here comes the CAR!"

I think that is just human nature. If you had made the same post and just used the words, "so I had to put it down" no one would probably have blinked, lol. Anyway, I appreciate your honesty.

On that note, I gotta get some more cats on here....
<<

Presumedsublime

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:39 pm

UnlockD wrote:This is Bob, named after some lyrics to a Screeching Weasel song.

Oi!
<<

Railyn

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:14 am

CPT1911 wrote:
Railyn wrote:What's the honor in having your brain hatched out while being cooked alive in the sun because you got kicked out of the nest?:s

Good point.

And MBI is right...the decision to put down an animal is never an easy one. Railyn, I can tell that you were genuinely trying to do what you felt was right.

I pondered this a little yesterday, and I honestly think most of us just reacted to how descriptive you were about the method, lol! :hammering:

Reading through it, it's like "here's a cute dog, here's another cute dog, oh...that bird's kinda messed up....vroom, vrooom....here comes the CAR!"

I think that is just human nature. If you had made the same post and just used the words, "so I had to put it down" no one would probably have blinked, lol. Anyway, I appreciate your honesty.

On that note, I gotta get some more cats on here....

Don't be so sensitive ^^ .....there's plenty of birds in the woods :P
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:17 am

huxleypig wrote:Lottie:

Very sad to say my little Lottie has gone :( She had 3 lumps removed in the past and she went in for a 4th to be removed. The vet called and said the operation had been a success and she was recovering well and to come pick her up and take her home. So very happy, we collected her (and paid the vet a small fortune) and was taking her back home when she suddenly went downhill very quickly and died just before we got back. Just like that.

I know this sounds like a really dumb post when real people are dying and she was only a rat but pets can become part of your family and Lottie was a big part of ours. She's often let herself out of her cage so she could come and cuddle up to my neck in bed at night. I'd wake up with her fast asleep on me...Sweet dreams, you were worth every penny.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:47 am

RIP Lottie.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:51 am

Yeah, that was sad to hear when you mentioned it on chat last night.

I always think it don't matter how small they are, they still mean a lot. And more so when you work hard to sort out their medical issues.

When you first posted Lottie's pic she was my favourite .... best ears in the thread :smile:

Yep, it's sad news, Hux. RIP Lottie.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

CPT1911

Familiar Face

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:26 am

Just trapped and released three feral cats in our neighborhood (Hinkley, Basil and Weenie) We feed them daily so felt we should try to keep them from multiplying. They were not super big fans of the trapping process, but we did the best we could to make them comfy. They are all back now and snooozing in the yard!

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5376.jpg

IMG_5374.jpg

IMG_5373.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PreviousNext

Return to Random Banter