FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Keypicking.com Ventrilo

<<

m0ose

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:07 pm

Keypicking.com Ventrilo

Come join us on Ventrilo!

Ventrilo is a free to use voice chat program where we can all join in on some verbal discussions.

Connection Info:
IP: 66.67.148.52
Port: 3784
Pass: ekar

If you need help setting up Ventrilo ask Snor or Myself, or checkout:
http://www.ugt-servers.com/ventrilo-guide.php

Enjoy! :D
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:19 pm

Re: Keypicking.com Ventrilo - Hosted By: M0ose

can we just listen in or do we all have to talk?
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Lockylew wrote:can we just listen in or do we all have to talk?

It doesn't matter. If ya wanna talk, go ahead. You can come in and just chill or spark a convo, it doesn't matter. It's just another option for us all to use. I use it on some other places and other programs like it and it's just kinda cool to have.

I figure it's just a cool option for us, plus it's cool because I wanted to try hosting a server for a while.

I do want ya'll to know though that there may be a few kinks that I'm going to work out over time, so if something isn't working 100%, just send me a message.

Edit: I am running into some problems with stuff on the server. For some reason I can't do things like change my comment or send stuff in the channel, at least, that I can see. I'm going to see if there is a fix on my end. If not I might have to do something else.
<<

DPSVDV

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 pm

OOOOO Man This is Awsome I Use This Program For Online Gaming. This Makes Things Alot Better. We Could Hold Meetings Events And Such O Man
This Is So Cool. Thanks M0ose :)

*Edit* A Thing To Remember Guess This Is Coming Outta M0ose's Pocket.
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:29 pm

DPSVDV wrote:
*Edit* A Thing To Remember Guess This Is Coming Outta M0ose's Pocket.

haha, don't worry bout me :cry:
<<

Jinglesanator

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:09 pm

Would people be able to hear me if I plugged my headphones into the mic spot? I've made recordings in the past by doing that... :D
Image Keep on Pushin'
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:44 pm

Nice one moose, I'm gonna check this out.

It would be fun to play with or against everyone on an online game or something.
The only game I have is Doom 3... anyone play online gaming or have any idea's how we could meet?

...I'm off to watch your youtube vids moose, god help you if I see any boob jiggling action! :P
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:48 pm

Wozzlock wrote:Nice one moose, I'm gonna check this out.

It would be fun to play with or against everyone on an online game or something.
The only game I have is Doom 3... anyone play online gaming or have any idea's how we could meet?

...I'm off to watch your youtube vids moose, god help you if I see any boob jiggling action! :P

well i'm not sure about online and stuff but i've decided that in the near future all of us UK pickers are going out on the piss for sure (woohoo)
<<

Wozzlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:53 pm

I'll have to put some booze practise in... couple of drinks and I'm anybody's!

...but not moose! (Finger)
<<

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Wozzlock wrote:I'll have to put some booze practise in... couple of drinks and I'm anybody's!

...but not moose! (Finger)

haha, that's alright then, you had me worried for a second there ;)

Nozza and frantic will be up for it also i bet (woohoo)

Lew
<<

m0ose

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:12 pm

Haha, I love you guys! In a straight way. :P

I'm running into problems client-side for me. Or, in other words, I can hear, see and read everyone fine, but I myself can not be heard or seen type in the chat.

I'll see what I can figure out.

Oh, and yeah, not so much outta my pocket as much as my parents. :P They pay for the internet and the electric bill, and at this point, that's all it's racking up. :P

In the future I'm planning on running a dedicated server, or more over a computer in my room that stays on and just sits there running Vent and so forth. Then it shouldn't effect me at all and all will be smoove. I figure I may try and get either a new comp or fix one of my old ones for the job, but if I fix an oldie, I doubt it would be worth the price. :P I mean if I grab a new-to-me comp from the shit shop for like $40, it'd be cheaper and easier. (My last two piss ants got fired due to a bad UPS... not the shipping company. :P)

So yeah, as of now I'm still working with it, and for the time being enjoy. We'll see how it goes. :)
<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:53 am

Ventrilo is great. Started using it playing WoW and now I'm on it more and more just to chat with friends while I sit the computer. The only downside is the free version has an 8 person cap on the server. Not that it should be a problem around here.

M0ose, let me know if you need a hand setting up admin stuff. (Channels,User permissions, etc.)
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:02 am

I cant connect to the server, is it down or what?
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

m0ose

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:34 pm

Snor wrote:I cant connect to the server, is it down or what?

Had port forwarding problems. My computer changes from .101 to .102 or .103 after a restart so I had to reset some forwarding to fix the downtime.

Yeah, the 8 people max sucks. I might end up switching to TeamSpeak because of it. Same basic idea except with TS I think the limit is set 100% by myself.

Edit: Also, on another note. If it gets to be that this is a hit, I'd be more than willing to rent a dedicated server. Just let me know how you all feel about it and such.
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:43 am

You know ventrilo 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 doesn't have the 8ppl limit. If it becomes a hit you can just pop up a server for one of those.
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
Next

Return to Random Banter