FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

KP pet peeves

<<

flywheel

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:37 pm

KP pet peeves

To rock the boat or not? :whip:

My pet peeve involves members forgetting (cough cough) to send a confirmation PM, "got it, thanks" when receiving a package I have sent. I'm just asking for the bare minimum to inform me that the box is in your hands. Don't even have to say "thanks", just a plain "got it" works, or if you remember i before e except after c you can say "received".

This thread is not due to one person but the culmination of many instances of radio silence from multiple KP members.

That is all. Take care.
<<

bitbuster

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Re: KP pet peeves

this will be a long overdue thread for some. i don't have a conformation peeve(those that have received something from me notified me within minutes to a few hours). my pet peeve is somewhat related to KP in that it involves people on ebay or CL that sell items (safes) with the tag "antique" and the item is only 30-60 years old. my definition of antique is 100 or greater years old. i know......apples to oranges.
...Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air... Eagles, Hotel California, 1976
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:08 pm

OK, I got it for chrisakes

BTW I know You weren't talking about me cause I already gave You feedback on our transaction
Last edited by jones on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:16 pm

OK now I got a list of pet peeves too, plus it just dawned on me that You guys are a captive audience as well, heh heh.
First I think waiting around for days with no work, yeah that def pisses me off. Now add to that all the jerks who call me all day long to tell me that: I was just approved for a business loan, That I was just approved to do extra overflow work( I refuse to pay kickbacks), That google, etc wants to make me a special advertising offer. I hate when customers call and seem to wanna get some work done but then their dementia sets in & I never hear from them again. Here is another good one, I get calls from people who want their safe opened, then I find out their safe is made by: Brinks, Sentry, Fire Fyter, or other cheap junk. If I drill their junky safe it won't be fire resistant any longer, and they don't want to have their $100 POS destroyed!
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:45 am

You can nudge the boat. The boat has teeth though and if you push too hard it will snap and clamp down like a piranha.

Anyway, we highly encourage the use of the Keypicking feedback.php system. Leaving feedback for a transaction builds member rep, acts as a confirmation of receipt and helps encourage trading. This isn't mandatory and we cannot force people to do this, so if you are looking for a receipt as a seller/sender either add tracking to your packages like I do, or message the member to confirm. I do see your point though, if you are a buyer or receiver always let the person know you received their package! Not knowing whether or not something mailed out went into oblivion is a bad feeling.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:06 pm

On the cases where I hadn't heard anything back, I typically check the tracking code, but that only works for domestic shipments.
Howdy!
<<

flywheel

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:28 pm

USPS "delivered" is not the same as the recipient saying the box is in their hands. USPS has told me delivered but it was MIA until I went to the post office to find it a couple weeks later. Considering that KP is more of a close-knit community the request was more a call for courtesy, sort of like saying thanks when a coworker brings in donuts.

Flat rate, first-class, and international (to Canada at least) all have tracking included. Even if you say no on first class shipping the label# on the receipt still works as a tracking number.

Have a great day! :hbg:

Return to Random Banter