FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What would you do...

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:17 pm

What would you do...

So I've been talking to this girl who has an older sister. They know I work as a locksmith and security guard. But sometimes the older one tells me I should become an Elevator Repairman/Technician and that they make $80,000 a year.

This older sister is studying to become an accountant. Only recently I've been thinking of telling her she should become a Stripper as they make about $80,000 a year also. Or to tell her boyfriend if he is going to being an Elevator Technician because it makes more money than your current job.

I'm pretty sure she is trying to look after her sister in being with someone who makes a lot of money. But this is like the third time I believe she told me this. I always say that if you love what your doing you can always make money. As I do want to own my own locksmith shop and my own security guard company. I also want to become my own landlord.

I'm just ranting here and I don't really plan on becoming an Elevator Technician but atleast I know if I did, some of our current clients can help me out in that field.

Anyways, since I am currently working two full-time jobs and am currently single, I am saving money as much as I can to help out my family and eventually buy a home for them. Or at least make their lives more comfortable.

Feel free to comment....

Clh...
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

faygo6

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: What would you do...

I have to say I have thought of becoming an elevator tech. I currently work at a hospital in cleveland and I was meeting with a tech from Otis to coordinate our access control system with a new elevator install. The tech told me how much he made during a side converation after the meeting. But I do love what I do and I figured as long as I was making enough to get by thats good enough, besides when I get home from work I don't have to scrub grease of my skin anymore and that's a good feeling.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:59 pm

I know a guy who is an elevator tech & Yes he does make bank. However have you considered that in order to make $80,000 per year the gov't is taxing the living hell outta your paycheck? Now I don't mind paying our mafia-type taxes to an extent, but I would rather not feel like I am working for the gov't & if I was paying the irs $50,000 a year in taxes I would likely shoot myself in the head, just to make me feel better.

As a side note, the elevator tech I know has a scheming bitch of a wife, she has managed to steal almost all that beautiful money that he had made from his bank account and she used it to buy two houses (that I know of) and she used it to run her crappy failing business for about 10 years, before he found out...I guess he shoulda been drinking less & watching his bank account more.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:33 am

I am a career lockie. Making less money than my wife, who is a teacher. I have loved what I do, si it feels like I'm being paid to play! For an income boost: I perform magic, making anywhere from $200 to $1,000 per day, depending on the venue and event.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

Josephus

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:05 pm

jones wrote:I know a guy who is an elevator tech & Yes he does make bank. However have you considered that in order to make $80,000 per year the gov't is taxing the living hell outta your paycheck? Now I don't mind paying our mafia-type taxes to an extent, but I would rather not feel like I am working for the gov't & if I was paying the irs $50,000 a year in taxes I would likely shoot myself in the head, just to make me feel better.

I don't want to get in a debate about taxes (if you don't like paying them there is always the Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, dump your citizenship first), but if you are paying over 62% of your income to the IRS, it can only be because you owe them back taxes. Tax in this country is like anything else, a game. Know the rules, understand the system, and prosper. For instance last year I got my taxable income down to 16.3 dollars and received a refund of ~2200. If I was a different demographic or planned some other things in advance I could have gotten even more. It takes research and the creative use of bureaucracy. The more money you make or the more complex your finances are, the more opportunities there are to not pay anything at all. Anyone, especially small business owners, that complains about too much taxes just does not know all the rules yet. A good one is set up a non-profit and be the sole employee. Non-profit does not mean no income. Many proprietors of non-profits live quite lavishly on their self-appointed salaries.

On to the subject at hand. What would I do? Nothing. I would do nothing. She is studying to be an accountant. All she sees is money and numbers. That is what accountants do. Even if you were a world-class physician, earning accolades for your pro bono work saving the lives of children she would still comment about how you could be making more money.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:38 pm

I mostly agree with what you said, I highly doubt you'll find an elevator company willing to let You work as a non-profit.
Personally I would and do rather pay my account several hundred $$$ a year and ensure that I actually owe zero in tax.
Funny cause i used to tell him not to get all my money back, and that I would prefer to pay our mafia-style gov't a small
amount. He finally told me that if anything was gonna raise a red flag with the gov't, it would be my attitude. He said
that all his other clients demand to get back Every Dollar they could and that he recommended I do the same. Well twist
my arm, heh heh.

BTW I had an ex-fiance who has a masters degree in accounting and she was most definately the biggest pain I ever suffered,
she was such a bitch she can't even hold down a job, she aggravates everyone around her. A few years back she stole the petty cash from her job and now she can't even work in accounting.

Return to Random Banter