FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Canada wants to remove flavours out of our vapes.

<<

Altashot

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:01 pm

Canada wants to remove flavours out of our vapes.

Our Canadian government wants to put regulations on E-cigs.
Please help us Canadians with our right to vape.
http://us8.campaign-archive1.com/?u=9de ... 5114e0d2c9

M.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:42 am

Re: Canada wants to remove flavours out of our vapes.

Glad too

This is far from a troll statement, I only meant I was glad to help out with your concerns of your once peaceful country, now turning
into e-cig tyrants much as is being seen happening here in the states. E-Cigs simply look similar to a real cig, in truth they are far from
the filthy stinking habit real smoking can be, to say nothing of the cancer. I can't see that happening with the e-cig either
Last edited by jones on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Mikeh727

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:34 am

So will it make a difference if we sign it but aren't residents of Nova Scotia, or even Canada for that matter?

This seems like a knee jerk reaction. Vapor cigarettes might not be totally free of health risks, but that isn't known yet. They're almost certainly better than real cigarettes. The proposed legislation seems to classify them as tobacco products, which they aren't. I would argue that they're closer to candy cigarettes than tobacco products, especially if you use the nicotine free cartridges. And maybe that's what they're worried about, but demonizing them as tobacco isn't going to change anything.

-Mike
occasional Blu e-cig user...quit tobacco on 8/29
I have an amazing grasp of the obvious. Beyond that, not so much.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:08 pm

jones wrote:Glad too

Thanks for posting this two word statement. Why don't you give us a reason for your troll comment?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Neilau

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:54 pm

I gave up smoking once but I couldn't live with the superiority complex. :D
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:12 pm

xeo wrote:

Thanks for posting this two word statement. Why don't you give us a reason for your troll comment?

I have seen just what the e-cig can do for saving guys who smoke packs a day. I think they are fantastic, in fact I have a friend, Kenpo Master is what he refers to himself as. This dude smoked 2+
packs of cigs a day. He even spent hundreds on a high quality cigarette stuffing machine so he could keep his habit as affordable as possible. One day he tried the E-Cig and he immediately saw the
pluses--I never seen anyone go through sooo many dif kinds of e-cig smoking apparatus. He used to give me bags full of his still working, but just too small capacity e-cig units, which even got me started
using one. The greatest thing is this guy, over 50 in age has totally quit the wheezing that he was trying to pretend didn't exist. This is what really proved to me that the E-Cig works! Not only that
but it is much healthier for Everyone concerned, as I understand the second-hand smoke is practically zero. Everyone who is fighting to keep the e-cig down are showing they have zero interest in
allowing smokers to begin to heal themselves of their once deadly habit and instead that they don't care about other people's feelings & welfare. I strongly suspect the haters to be the same folks who profess
to hate guns and want to see them banned. Which always makes me wonder;
Since We the People understand that all of our elected officials swear an oath to Uphold the Bill of Rights & Our Constitution, can't I call anti-gun senators & congressmen Traitor's?
I mean, they are Traitor's right?
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:04 pm

In the UK the e-cig market is hitting the pockets of the govt very hard...it is not 95% (yes, 95%) taxed like tobacco products. Consequently, they are now pushing to have them 'licensed' (by the govt, of course) because they are now to be viewed as 'medicines'.

They want to shut the industry right down...with no regard to the massive health benefits of NOT smoking normal cigarettes. Like they give 2 f*cks about that! Cash is king in the facist capitalist state.

And Jones, of course it is traitorous, our esteemed elected shitballs do NOT care for the people, just their own little gravy trains.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:13 pm

jones wrote:
xeo wrote:

I have seen just what the e-cig can do for saving guys who smoke packs a day. I think they are fantastic, in fact I have a friend, Kenpo Master is what he refers to himself as. This dude smoked 2+
packs of cigs a day. He even spent hundreds on a high quality cigarette stuffing machine so he could keep his habit as affordable as possible. One day he tried the E-Cig and he immediately saw the
pluses--I never seen anyone go through sooo many dif kinds of e-cig smoking apparatus. He used to give me bags full of his still working, but just too small capacity e-cig units, which even got me started
using one. The greatest thing is this guy, over 50 in age has totally quit the wheezing that he was trying to pretend didn't exist. This is what really proved to me that the E-Cig works! Not only that
but it is much healthier for Everyone concerned, as I understand the second-hand smoke is practically zero. Everyone who is fighting to keep the e-cig down are showing they have zero interest in
allowing smokers to begin to heal themselves of their once deadly habit and instead that they don't care about other people's feelings & welfare. I strongly suspect the haters to be the same folks who profess
Since We the People understand that all of our elected officials swear an oath to Uphold the Bill of Rights & Our Constitution, can't I call anti-gun senators & congressmen Traitor's?

Jones, the reason your statement was assume to be a troll is due to your use of "too" made it seem like you were glad to see them getting banned. If you wrote "Glad to" it would mean you were glad to sign/help etc.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

GringoLocksmith

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:33 pm

jones wrote:
xeo wrote:

Ahhh, I get it. You meant "glad to," as in "I'd be glad to sign your petition." You didn't mean "glad, too," as in "And I'm glad your government is trying to do something you disapprove of!"

Disagree about lawmakers who favor more gun control being traitors. I've talked about this before and it didn't go over well, but I'm not one to learn my lesson. We already have lots and lots of gun control and most of us agree with at least some of it. Almost without exception, we're all for gun control. Maybe you think we need a little less, or a lot less, or a lot more. But I don't get how we can say that the people who are indifferent to the amount we have now are fine, and the people who want to move the needle a little in one direction or the other are traitorous or homicidal.

They shut the internet down for 8 hours in China the other day because people were protesting for democracy. That's an authoritarian state, maybe even fascist. In the West we have mostly functional democracies with only slightly corrupt public officials, who are sometimes even guided by the will of the people. Trying to enact policies we dislike doesn't make them traitors.

I'll sign that petition. I'd be glad to, too.

ETA: Riyame beat me to it.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:06 am

done :salute:
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

ForSquirel

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:03 am

huxleypig wrote:In the UK the e-cig market is hitting the pockets of the govt very hard...it is not 95% (yes, 95%) taxed like tobacco products. Consequently, they are now pushing to have them 'licensed' (by the govt, of course) because they are now to be viewed as 'medicines'.

They want to shut the industry right down...with no regard to the massive health benefits of NOT smoking normal cigarettes. Like they give 2 f*cks about that! Cash is king in the facist capitalist state.

And Jones, of course it is traitorous, our esteemed elected shitballs do NOT care for the people, just their own little gravy trains.

Same here in my state. I believe they amended the state statutes to view e-cigs as a tobacco like product because essentially any one at the time could walk in a store and buy them, including the 13-17 year olds that were. My understanding is that it's harmless water vapor, and if so then why not all them. Of course the govt is pissed they can't get any money off them, cigarettes are crazy here. At one time I was a smoker and was up to 2-3 packs/day when the cost was like $1.25.. nowadays people are dropping almost $6 on a pack. Jokingly I've told my crew that I'm gonna make them quit at work.(I was responsible for writing the tobacco policy at work which will have to be amended for e-cigs). Personally I don't care if you smoke or what you smoke. As an ex-smoker though I can no longer go in houses that contain a high level of tar/nicotine on the walls, and lots of cats now send me into near asthma attacks so if I can reduce the chances of that buy allowing people to smoke e-cigs then by all means have at it. I still think it needs further testing from the FDA with regulations and quality control among the devices. I mean these people are sticking electronic lighters up to their lips and inhaling. There's been reports of 1 or 2 blowing up from the battery shorting but not much other than that.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:11 pm

ForSquirel wrote:
huxleypig wrote:In the UK the e-cig market is hitting the pockets of the govt very hard...it is not 95% (yes, 95%) taxed like tobacco products. Consequently, they are now pushing to have them 'licensed' (by the govt, of course) because they are now to be viewed as 'medicines'.

Same here in my state. I believe they amended the state statutes to view e-cigs as a tobacco like product because essentially any one at the time could walk in a store and buy them, including the 13-17 year olds that were. My understanding is that it's harmless water vapor, and if so then why not all them. Of course the govt is pissed they can't get any money off them, cigarettes are crazy here. At one time I was a smoker and was up to 2-3 packs/day when the cost was like $1.25.. nowadays people are dropping almost $6 on a pack. Jokingly I've told my crew that I'm gonna make them quit at work.(I was responsible for writing the tobacco policy at work which will have to be amended for e-cigs). Personally I don't care if you smoke or what you smoke. As an ex-smoker though I can no longer go in houses that contain a high level of tar/nicotine on the walls, and lots of cats now send me into near asthma attacks so if I can reduce the chances of that buy allowing people to smoke e-cigs then by all means have at it. I still think it needs further testing from the FDA with regulations and quality control among the devices. I mean these people are sticking electronic lighters up to their lips and inhaling. There's been reports of 1 or 2 blowing up from the battery shorting but not much other than that.

I wish Cigarettes were $6 a pack, here they are $10.00 a pack.... I just might try a e-cig....
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:59 pm

I started smoking back when cigs were 30 cents a pack. I smoked for 25+ years before my asthma and pleurisy and first bout with pneumonia woke me up. I was chewing tobacco at the same time, started that at the age of 15. I finally gave up the chew last thanksgiving after 43 years, for no real reason other than I knew I was playing Russian Roulette with mouth cancer. I can't stand the smell of second hand smoke, but what E-Cigs I've been around haven't really bothered me much, so I figure what the hell, if you people want to puff on them and it will help you get away from those nasty cancer sticks, Go for it!!
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

allan501

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:58 pm

I haven't been following this but I understand it is in response to a number of children being poisoned by the liquid. The flavoring makes the liquid attractive to children.

Remember that nicotine is so poisonous that its use in insecticides is regulated.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:29 pm

It is the hypocricy that I hate. There are a million things that can kill a child, if ingested.

But don't worry, cigarettes are still ok, despite their salient dangers. Like I said before all it boils down to (like everything) is $$$$$.
Next

Return to Random Banter