FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Is the Framon Depth and space book available as a pdf?

<<

ghost_os

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 am

Re: Making a 3d printable block to use on my machine when i

MrPharmer2012 wrote:Pulled an image and calibrated the size and gonna test a schlage spacing when i get my machine, Should be able to place spring inside and snap the shaft in if measured right may need some filing or sanding , and should work same as original possibly we will see. I have grooves in it so i can apply white paint and wipe off keeping in groove. this is test number 1. Machine wont be here till the 15th.

Keep us informed! If you get them working, would you consider selling them to those of us who don't have access to a 3D printer or CNC machine? Might be some legal issues there though, lol, so maybe not. Definitely keep posting updates though!
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: Is the Framon Depth and space book available as a pdf?

I can document the steps I take for you guys but I wont be selling the pieces, I have bought the actual blocks also I plan to cut a key on each the printed block and the original and compare the two. machine should come today parts from framon should come monday or tuesday
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:41 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

ghost_os

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:42 pm

Looking very nice! Great work!
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:33 am

MrPharmer2012 wrote:I can document the steps I take for you guys but I wont be selling the pieces, I have bought the actual blocks also I plan to cut a key on each the printed block and the original and compare the two. machine should come today parts from framon should come monday or tuesday

Good job on making the blocks! The marks don't have to be too precise - the idea is that you're pretty close to the correct value, and can use the dial to exactly set the spacing.
Perhaps an explanation is in order.
Here's the gcode enry for standard Schlage keys. The spacing is 0.156, so we should use block 1, but really if it's a bit off it doesn't matter too much. To start, I wind the carriage all the way to the left, and set it to 0 - since the first entry is 0.231, I turn the knob 4 full turns (that's 200, since it moves 50 each rotation) and then set it to 31, so it's at 231. I then move the block using the knob that moves the block so it's on the rightmost mark. The marks then match the location of the spaces for the pins. I load the blank in, set the depth, and cut the key. Once the first cut is made, I rotate the knob 3 times until it lines up with the second mark, then precisely adjust the spacing. Cut two is at 387, so the dial will read 37, and be lined up with the mark.

If you purchase the Framon machine new, it comes with a dial caliper that works well, but I use an HPC straight yoke micrometer for calibration. Once calibrated it's good, but I always check when changing cutters. There's a Schlage specific cutter (which I have and use) but keys cut with the universal cutter work OK.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:35 am

https://youtu.be/gyX4KiYp68w
[youtube]https://youtu.be/gyX4KiYp68w[/youtube]
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:26 pm

Block spacing template
An individual I met thru ebay shared these files with me, He said that they are open source for other lock enthusiasts that wish to tinker with the framon so here you guys go, If you want the Psd photoshop file you can pull from this drop box https://www.dropbox.com/sh/osgzj5ntiap8c0j/AAB15xu3xb5Bx4rgmfsy_bqXa?dl=0
<<

Krull Cat

Post Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:31 pm

Good day, this may not be a comprehensive listing but it is something I guess :)

Please see attached file.
<<

Krull Cat

Post Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:38 pm

MrPharmer Posted these graphics for me. The idea was to make the spacing block indexer more
flexible without the need for multiple blocks.

He was on the right track with his 3D printed block but his methodology was a tad off.

Wrapping a small printable block sleeve is easier to both markup and replace.
In fact you can wrap any old blank paper around any spacing block and turn it into a spacing sleeve for any
key system out there.
<<

Krull Cat

Post Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:16 am

Attached is the Depth and spacing data provided by a key manufacturer, these files are also available at:
http://www.hudsonlock.com/code-cards--dsd.html

All you can eat cuts and spacing :D
<<

kenneth_v

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:10 pm

Does anyone have the 3D file for the Framon spacing clip?

MrPharmer2012 posted a pic earlier in this thread and I am wondering if anyone has the file.

tool.JPG
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:46 pm

kenneth_v wrote:Does anyone have the 3D file for the Framon spacing clip?

MrPharmer2012 posted a pic earlier in this thread and I am wondering if anyone has the file.

tool.JPG

I don't have the file, but I have the spacer. If you're using it to cut BEST keys, it might be worth buying the appropriate clamp, especially for cutting PKS keys. I can take a picture of the spacer and give some dimensions if you like. You can probably buy one from Framon, or file a scrap piece of metal to work, I only used it for the tip spacing when cutting BEST keys.
<<

kenneth_v

Familiar Face

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:54 pm

Dimensions would be great thanks

I have no idea when it comes to 3d printing or how to make a file, I just send files to my guy and he prints it for me.

I am sure if i give him what I need he can do it for me.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:43 pm

framonspacer.jpg

Here it is.
<<

kenneth_v

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:27 pm

Thanks tpark
PreviousNext

Return to Key Making