FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

HPC 1200 - Refurb, What Paint Do you suggest

<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:51 pm

HPC 1200 - Refurb, What Paint Do you suggest

Hi I am wanting to refurbish my HPC 1200, some parts have a bit of rust on the bolts etc What methods do you suggest to remove and repaint the machine. If I completely dissassemble and soak in oxalic acid for a bit would that be awful or should i just use a baking soda paste and scrub individual parts. Also what paint and primer do you guys recommend for the key machine?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:33 am

Re: HPC 1200 - Refurb, What Paint Do you suggest

Long time no see man, glad to see you are still kicking around. Not sure on paint, any regular paint stripper would likely work. For rust I really like Evaporust. It works extremely well and has no or a mild scent to it. Once parts are derusted all you have to do is rinse them with water and either apply oil or paint.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:26 pm

Thanks man Yeah I am still tinkering but my regular job and kids keeps me too busy to fiddle with locks too often any more. I still pick up the odd lock here and there and pick or work on them from eBay etc , my work uses me now for rekeys lockouts etc instead of outside locksmith so that is about all the lock items I do lately Thanks for the recommendation I’m gonna check out that product
Last edited by MrPharmer2012 on Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:14 pm

needs a racing stripe!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:23 pm

MrPharmer2012 wrote:Thanks man Yeah I am still tinkering but my regular on and kids keeps me too busy to fiddle with locks too often any more. I still pick up the odd lock here and there and pick or work on them from eBay etc , my work uses me now for relays lockouts etc instead of outside locksmith so that is about all the lock items I do lately Thanks for the recommendation I’m gonna check out that product

Glad to hear you and your family are doing alright. The Evaporust is non toxic, doesn't smell, and cleans up with water which makes it one of the better ones out there. It also works extremely well. I would suggest the liquid version over the gel, I have read it works best. You just need to clean and degrease the parts first.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:51 pm

Another question what size Allen head screw is on the needles on here, the spacing needle is too snug need to loosen a bit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm

I have never seen anything this small, the shaft for spacing is stiff as hell to turn which caused skipping teeth I need to remove shaft and clean up and replace to get it moving again, do they sell this plate at reasonable cost , not sure why it is so stiff
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:49 am

Work in progress starting to look better
Can any one get me a deal on a new shaft and lens for cutter?
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:08 am

Electrical done new Internals new connections, machine fully cleaned Painted and now calibrated
Just have to wait on the new lens to arrive and it will be running like new so far pretty proud of this refurbish job all in about 250$ total
I added a 14 ft cigarette lighter plug so it can reach up to front of car from rear easy just have to install belt cover and new lens when they arrive very good ebay find
<<

just1pick+open

Post Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:34 pm

Very nice! :drool:
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:10 pm

I forgot to add finished photos
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:17 pm

Which one turned out better this HPC refurb or the other post my new Framon Refurb project but of a toss up here I think but I have a soft spot for framon machine just all around awesome easy accurate machine that can be dropped and put thru hell and still cut a perfect key , these damn hpcs skip teeth etc when u look at them wrong etc after moving in shop or drop an inch or have shipped etc

Return to Key Making