FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Printable Key Decoder

<<

Ragnar

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:59 am

Re: Printable Key Decoder

Just printed up a set using an HP laserjet & had very little/no distortion. I opted to print on very heavy paper (not quite cardstock) and they turned out beautifully. I was planning to laminate one or two, but have decided that I really wanted to be able to write on them so I'm treating them more as a disposable tool.

THANK YOU again for taking the time to do this. It's very valuable to me & I hope others see use for it as well.
<<

dkrugman

Post Tue May 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: Printable Key Decoder

This worked perfectly. I'm ordering a replacement cylinder online and have the option to enter a five digit code to have it keyed to.

I laid my key over the guide and with a very sharp pencil marked the bits. The resulting code was clear. Each mark was exactly between two lines, so I used the higher number. I still wasn't sure so I asked my wife for her key to see if I got the same result. On the back of her key was printed the five digit code I had just written down!! That's a nice confirmation!

I guess I didn't really need the decoder this time after all, but it's good to know it actually works.

Thank you!
Previous

Return to Key Making