FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Trade Craft/Spy Craft/Spook Craft

Forum rules
SURVIVE!
<<

sandman

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:49 am

Trade Craft/Spy Craft/Spook Craft

So, just wanted your guys intellect and hobbiest opinions on this one. there seems to be a trend in certain hobbies that easily fall into spook craft. so i wanted to elaborate on those hobbies and maybe come up with a fun list of things you guys would put into the "must know" field of practice. Ill start the list, and add any 'reasonable' suggestions you guys have, 'jerking of with your left hand' is not needed for this list (mbi) lol. so here we go.

tactical locksmithing (to include anything and everything about locks and the compromise used to gain entry or information)
land navigation (celestial, nautical, topographical, gps ect)
communications (ham, crypto)
marksmanship (stationary, dynamic, scenario)
gun smithing
bush craft (geographical, scenario)
knot tying (scenario, safety)
medical (first aid, cpr, field medicine)
combatives (stand up, ground, with weapons, against weapons)
computer (operation, qwerty, infiltration, hacking, script kiddie, code, defensive, forensics)
Surveillance
Bug Detection & Transmitters (FM, VHF, UHF)
Hearing Aids, Parabolic & Shotgun Mics
Laser Listeners
Night Vision (Infrared and Thermal Imaging)
Telephone Recorders and Transmitters
Cameras: Video Surveillance,Transmitters, Hidden Surveillance
Interogation (offensive, defensive)
Psychological Operations (propaganda, mind control/suggestions)
Last edited by sandman on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:36 am

Re: Trade Craft/Spy Craft/Spook Craft

Always, ALWAYS know where your towel is.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:15 am

MBI wrote:Always, ALWAYS know where your towel is.

Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:32 am

I spent a lot of my teen years learning and playing with electronic survailence and ir night viewing,

Surveillance
Bug Detection & Transmitters (FM, VHF, UHF)
Hearing Aids, Parabolic & Shotgun Mics
Laser Listeners
Night Vision (Infrared and Thermal Imaging)
Telephone Recorders and Transmitters
Cameras: Video Surveillance and Transmitters
Cameras: Hidden Surveillance

I had a lot of fun building the standard bugs and spy toys.

Some of you may remember Captain Crunch and the Blue Box ?

My favorite place to waste my spending money was Comsumertronics who published some really "interesting" stuff http://consumertronics.net/
Of course Information Unlimited http://www.amazing1.com/ also had some interesting stuff

These two sources predated the internet when finding fringe science materials could be quiete a challenge. Today most of this stuff is available easily off net.

More recently .....
Interestingly enough Make Magazine Vol 16 was on Spook devices.
101 Spy devices for the evil genius is also an other book of some interest.

I also read a lot of the books on "high energy chemistry" published by the US government in the FM manuals and BlackBook Series.

For "wetwork" John Minnery published "KIll without joy " over 300 pages with diagrams on how to take care of problem individuals.

For those who have never been exposed to this area you can check out http://www.paladin-press.com/ for a small sampling of books related to this topic.
<<

sandman

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:44 am

nobody fuck with abroxis! just leave him alone. if he wants something from you, just give it to him. DO NOT PISS HIM OFF OR TEMPT HIM. leave abroxis alone!
<<

abroxis

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:27 pm

techniques of interogation and mind control

Project MKULTRA, or MK-ULTRA, was the code name for a covert, illegal CIA human research program, run by the Office of Scientific Intelligence. This official U.S. government program began in the early 1950s, continuing at least through the late 1960s, and it used U.S. and Canadian citizens as its test subjects

The published evidence indicates that Project MKULTRA involved the use of many methodologies to manipulate individual mental states and alter brain functions, including the surreptitious administration of drugs and other chemicals, sensory deprivation, isolation, and verbal and sexual abuse.
<<

ironmangler

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:15 pm

this place has some use full toys take a look around oh they have tamed down over they years
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:40 am

Nice necro
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:32 am

Matt Fiddler at Serepick tells me that my products have sold to members of every government 3 letter agency and many foreign agencies,
if you think about it, I make the only picks that you can pin to your clothes, and in a pinch, they work just as well with a nervous shake.
Right now Im explaining to a guy that many people from locksmiths to computer techs and hobbyists are into lockpicking.
but as far as spooks go, they are people who make friends to betray them and use them, its a dirty game and its all played by people who cannot be trusted. I knew a guy who was being recruited by the CIA, I clued him in to look at the books about the Kennedy assassination, particularly the one by James Douglass if memory is correct on that name.
There are several shows on TV like burn notice or the one with the girl, (I never watched 24) and these shows have premises that are truely ridiculous. Do you really think that the company does that to some agent who they distrust? more likely they assign the person to a desk job that is just boring until the person hooks up to some industrial spy agency like booze hamilton or if they really want to get rid of him they make him the COS of some shop in bamako mali and let nature take its course.
<<

NovaPick

Post Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:57 am

As a youth I got into the Ninja craze as it combined martial arts with survival skills. Now that I have cut through the myths and seen that Ninjas were just the spies of Japan.
At the same time was all the James Bond movies, and I later learned about the OSS and the tools they used.

I have been lucky enough to find re-printed spy material from those WWII days and Youtube gets you up to speed with what is on the market today both on a Gov level and a civy white/black hat level.

So my main interest here is in escape tools and secondary picking. One backs up the other as you must first escape your restraints then the building that you are in, then high tail it back to your own country. lol

Return to Survival