FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Brinks Alarm System---Any ideas?

Forum rules
Use common sense.

Don't redistribute the information here indiscriminately. This forum is in the restricted area because some of the info in this subject could be very damaging if it were readily accessible through an internet search engine.
<<

ChicoSlim803

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:49 am

Brinks Alarm System---Any ideas?

So I just moved into a house that has an existing Brinks Alarm System. I do not want to pay for the monitoring service so I am in hunt of who the manufacturer of the boards are. Then hope to find the panel guide for it.

Control Box.jpg

Control Front.jpg

Control Back-1.jpg

Control Back-2.jpg

Keypad Back-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:56 am

Re: Brinks Alarm System---Any ideas?

The 'Pittway' stenciling leads me to believe it's Ademco.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

innerpicked

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:41 pm

Its a Brinks BHS-3000c, which is a custom made Ademco panel. Replacement will be cheaper than trying to reprogram. Programming on brinks panels is done over the phone by Brinks/Adt/Broadview, or locally (at least on the older ones) with a Scantronics or C&K programmer depending on the model, both of which are near impossible to find. These panels have a built in siren driver, so the siren on the wall is just a speaker, you will have to replace it with a 12vdc siren if you change the panel.
A DSC 1832 with a pk 5500 or pk 5501 keypad would be an easy replacement. If you went with the Ademco replacement, a Vista 20p and 6160 or 6150 keypad would be a good choice. You should be able to use your current motion detector(s) and contacts.

If you go with DSC or Ademco, both have various automation capabilities, and you can connect an Envisalink module for smartphone access and email/text alerts.
(21:42:51) PhoneMan: restraints? the GF and I do those
(21:42:59) PhoneMan: wait, um...
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Great info, thanks innerpicked.
<<

ChicoSlim803

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Well that is wonderful to know! Thank you innerpicked and jeff for the information. I like the idea of automation capabilities!

Return to Alarm Systems