FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Bumping buffers

<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Bumping buffers

lol...i wasnt paying attention. still dont see how nylon board is springy..which i think is the point of a buffer.
<<

cowbite

Familiar Face

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: Bumping buffers

Riff wrote:lol...i wasnt paying attention. still dont see how nylon board is springy..which i think is the point of a buffer.

I'm not sure I understand why, either.
The bump keys I make have the tip and shoulder removed so you don't have to do the "pull it out a click" thing, which makes them inherently "springy" (read-it pops itself back out via the downward force of the pins on the valleys) and pop out a half-click after you release tension. I can see where if you did the normal bump key method, you would want (and some people use) springs to pull the key back out after bumping provided it didn't open the lock on the first try.
But which version of bump keys, enhanced or regular, would you want a hard nylon 'spacer'?

moo
MCSE: Security | CompTIA: Security
Previous

Return to Lock Bumping