FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Best Place to buy bump keys for locks in the United States?

<<

norwoodgolf

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:43 pm

Re: Best Place to buy bump keys for locks in the United Stat

I ordered from bumpkey.us three times back in 2012. The first two times there were no problems. The third time I received my bump keys over a year after I ordered them. Nice keys, but I've stayed away from them ever since. I like the Peterson bump keys I've ordered.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:21 am

I got a set from Hawley Lock supply, they were like $13.95 for a set of bump keys, not that I have opened anything with them.
<<

Mikeh727

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Hey guys,

Well I can't say a bad thing about bumpkey.us. My keys arrived today as I'd hoped. I never got any answers to my emails, but since my keys arrived, I'm happy. So as far as a review, I would say that I am a satisfied customer of bumpkey.us :)

-Mike
I have an amazing grasp of the obvious. Beyond that, not so much.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Mikeh727 wrote:Hey guys,

Well I can't say a bad thing about bumpkey.us. My keys arrived today as I'd hoped. I never got any answers to my emails, but since my keys arrived, I'm happy. So as far as a review, I would say that I am a satisfied customer of bumpkey.us :)

-Mike

That may well be, but we've had enough stories of them screwing over forum members, not to mention refusing to pay for their advertising on this site, that they're permanently banned from doing business here.

BUYER BEWARE

Just because they failed to screw this one customer doesn't mean I'd trust them further than I could throw them.
<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:18 pm

But did they work Mike ?
<<

Mikeh727

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:54 pm

MBI wrote:That may well be, but we've had enough stories of them screwing over forum members, not to mention refusing to pay for their advertising on this site, that they're permanently banned from doing business here.

BUYER BEWARE

Just because they failed to screw this one customer doesn't mean I'd trust them further than I could throw them.

MBI, I absolutely agree. I wouldn't have ordered from him if I had found this thread first. But I didn't and I ordered, and I can only tell you what my experience was, and I didn't have a bad experience so I thought in fairness that I should post about it here. My experience and my experience only was positive since my goal was to get these by today.

selim wrote:But did they work Mike ?

That's a good question. They appear to be cut properly but I have yet to use them. I will probably be trying them out tomorrow but then leave on vacation for a couple of weeks. If I can post tomorrow about them I will, but if not, it might be a while since I'll be away from a computer while on vacation. But I WILL post how they work for me.

-Mike
<<

bobtheman

Post Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:43 pm

I could be wrong, but petersons bump keys dont appear to have the shoulder taken off.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:57 am

bobtheman wrote:I could be wrong, but petersons bump keys dont appear to have the shoulder taken off.

Welcome to Keypicking. Feel free to introduce yourself.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Mikeh727

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:13 pm

selim wrote:But did they work Mike ?

Back from vacation...

I tired two and both worked. The KW1 and M1 blanks worked on the second try, and I'm new to bumping and using a screwdriver instead of a bump hammer.

-Mike
Previous

Return to Bump Keys