FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

How to use bump key to foil pin tumbler locks and impression

<<

Maliphus Locksport

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:14 am

How to use bump key to foil pin tumbler locks and impression

Now i know this isnt your standard impressioning but i wanted to show people how i have been doing foil impressioning with bump keys as a faster alternative to the comb pick style many of us have probably seen used.

Also all weather aluminum foil tape works amazing with bump keys but the time it takes to impression increases dramatically because of how stiff the tape is and if you have a lock with strong springs behind the pins then i would really recommend it because you can literally put the key in and out of the lock 2-4 times sometimes (without even using a guide tool to lift the pins lol) and it will still work as a working key :) so the strength is higher but the time is longer so if your working on a time frame where failing is detrimental issue then i dont recommend it until you have practiced a lot and know what your getting yourself into because as i show in the video at end i make an almost perfect copy using regular kitchen aluminum foil but i miss one pin. Yet the time before the video i used weather tape and had a working key i removed and reused 3 times before it stopped working (without using a guide tool to re insert or remove the key)

Enjoy please let me know what you think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgBJTfDATws
<<

Hugo Martel

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:29 am

Re: How to use bump key to foil pin tumbler locks and impres

neat idea I will try IT!!!
Hugo Martel :circlip:
Random wrote: Here is my tip of the day "Do not fart while wearing overalls".
<<

Maliphus Locksport

Post Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:51 pm

Thanks yea let me know what ya think :)
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:24 pm

This was tried by a former member and found to work - but had problems with the key snapping as the bump key is weakened unlike a comb type attack - method like falle being used - interesting but not really new

reading the foil to produce a working key - the goal is much harder to achieve :razz:

thanks for your post
<<

Maliphus Locksport

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Thank you for letting me know that... In all my experimentation even using the same keys repeatedly i have not had any issues in any way.... more material is removed from the comb tooth keys then the bump keys i wonder how they would be weaker?

I saw a video where a guy was doing it side to side instead of up and down and i think that might be a major issue or difference if someone was using a comb style and didnt remove the stop bumper and using a bump key and have the stop bumper removed and the neck of the key slimmed it might cause side to side weakness but i cant see a vertical weakness really like i show in my videos or the way i do it. But i have not been around very long and definitely except the advice and will watch carefully as i experiment further with it!

I had not found any other videos or information relating to its use with bump keys so thats why i thought with the lack of information it was definitely something most people either had never heard of or probably tried and lots of people order bump keys online instead of making their own im sure will be easier to attempt this with purchased tools then having to create a brand new tool for lots of people out there who dislike crafting or modifying tools (which apparently is lots more then i had thought)

But I kinda fell onto it by accident was kinda hoping of course i invented something new using existing tools and techniques that would save everyone a lot of time and hassle compared to the comb toothed ones or at least as a semi useful alternative (since they both act differently depending on using regular foil or weather tape)

Because if you have really deep cuts those comb tooth ones either take forever or dont work at all unlike the bump keys.

But i dono i guess trial and error and i hope more people get ramped up and start trying it and testing and i can get more feedback from lots of people so i personally can improve myself at least :)

Return to Pin Tumbler Impressioning