FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Master 6835 ProSeries

<<

verz

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 pm

Master 6835 ProSeries

I have this Master 6835 ProSeries I have not been able to pick, so I took it apart to see what was on the inside.

Seems like 4 spool pins, but I am confused because only 4 pins? with 6 pin holes? I am pretty sure that none went flying I took it apart in a contained area.

Also the 6th hole doesn't even have a spring in it.

So I was wondering if any of you guys could shed some light on this?

<<

Alaphablue

The only difference between me and this crazy island is that I'm a madman!

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Master 6835 ProSeries

I find the key way very small on the pro series I use TOK and a small short hook . I tend to over set the non spool pin that you are missing there should be one regular or serrated and 4 spools .
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Not too unusual to see an unused hole on some makes of locks. Master/American frequently do that, from what I've seen. How many cuts on the key?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

verz

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Alaphablue wrote:I find the key way very small on the pro series I use TOK and a small short hook . I tend to over set the non spool pin that you are missing there should be one regular or serrated and 4 spools .

yeah I have trouble with the keyway I used TOK but only have a standard wrench so it sticks out and is hard.. if I put the pick in first I can put the wrench in the bottom but the wrench still seems to be in the way. One of my next upgrades is going to be some smaller wrenches.

GWiens2001 wrote:Not too unusual to see an unused hole on some makes of locks. Master/American frequently do that, from what I've seen. How many cuts on the key?

Gordon

I think 5? I put it back together with the 4 spools in the 1st 4 holes and it seems to work normal.

<<

Alaphablue

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Tok wrenches are great there are all kinds of different ones you can make . There are vids were you can see homade ones to copy . The Peterson pry bar are the best commercial ones I have used . It gives you a lot more room
In small or restrictive key way . One of the easiest one to make is out of hard wire bent at a 90% angle and cut short and filed flat to fit the key way.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:54 pm

yeah its a 5 pin lock witha 6 pin cylinder... not that big a deal...

and I even have an answer to the 4 drivers and 5 keypins....

ITS MADE BY MASTER... what else did you expece ;)

it means if you did pick it... you would have streched that 5th spring around the plug... doing some serious damage
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm

verz wrote:Seems like 4 spool pins, but I am confused because only 4 pins? with 6 pin holes? I am pretty sure that none went flying I took it apart in a contained area.

Also the 6th hole doesn't even have a spring in it.

It's a 5 pin lock. You're missing driver pin (probably a spooled pin) found its way into the sixth chamber.:wink:

Edit: That happens when the cylinder isn't turned before pulling/pushing it out of the housing. You actually got lucky that it didn't lock up on you.
<<

verz

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 pm

Farmerfreak wrote:It's a 5 pin lock. You're missing driver pin (probably a spooled pin) found its way into the sixth chamber.:wink:

Edit: That happens when the cylinder isn't turned before pulling/pushing it out of the housing. You actually got lucky that it didn't lock up on you.

yeah that is it. it was the missing driver pin in the sixth chamber. Thanks I wound not of figured that out..

This lock has already giving me a few hours of entrainment. lol

Return to How To Pick Security Pins