FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

some picks

<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Re: some picks

Inspiring work ratyoke. I feel like it should remind me more of a breaking wave, but I see clouds and the sky...

If you're gonna keep one for yourself, I'd say that's a great choice. Please post a photo of that stunner when you get the colors to your liking. Is it only the middle section you want to redo?
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:07 pm

ratyoke wrote:Hello everyone. I haven't been on the forum at all for a couple months. I was getting ready for my big move to Korea for my new job, right? Yeah... well long story short, about 2 weeks ago I found out I might not have a job there, and if I do have a job I won't be starting till April or May, not late Feb like I was originally told. In the meantime, while I wait on those fuckers I will start looking for another job in Korea.

So to all those people I told I was no longer taking pick orders, I'm taking orders again.

And to those people who already placed an order with me, who I told the picks would be made before I left the country, your picks will be ready shortly.

(below) I had the idea for this pick sometime last year and wanted to make it before I left. The handle is 6 separate parts (3 pieces on each side), I was going to anodize each part a different shade of blue. The anodizing didn't come out too well, so I have to redo that part. As I have sold almost every other pick I have made, I think I will keep this one for myself.

WOW! Damn fine work! That is a freakin' work of art man!
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:15 pm

happykill wrote:That's a beautiful pick! How does that handle feel? It looks amazing as always, good work, man!

How does it feel for picking? Who knows? I've never used it. This one is made entirely for looks.
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:22 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:Inspiring work ratyoke. I feel like it should remind me more of a breaking wave, but I see clouds and the sky...

If you're gonna keep one for yourself, I'd say that's a great choice. Please post a photo of that stunner when you get the colors to your liking. Is it only the middle section you want to redo?

I think I need to redo the middle sections and the sections on the right side of the photo. I'm not sure, I don't have it with me as I type this. But I was pretty disappointed when I saw the results of the anodizing. It's more difficult to anodize something well when its polished. With my matte finished picks I almost never have to re anodize something.

I'll post a photo once its finished.
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:55 am

Zebrawood pick. In the B/S/T forum right now...

Finished these tonight. Wood is zircote...
<<

bouncer965

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:58 am

Very very nice stuff. I like the Zircote wood ones. Real nice colour. What sort of finnish do you use on your wood handles?
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:09 am

I used a few coats of clear tung oil followed by wax.
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:05 pm

ebony:

red narra:
<<

bouncer965

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Jesus ratyoke, you got some serious pick making skills. I was looking at your picks .........really really nice stuff.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:43 pm

<<

happykill

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:18 am

I really love these wooden handle picks. Truly a work of art. Excellent photo's as well, what sort of setup do you use for these macro shots?
-------------------------------
Known Some Call Is Air Am
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:46 am

Thanks.
I shoot them in a light tent on a piece of anti-glare glass. The glass is sitting about 1.5" above a sheet of black paper. I light them with 2 tungsten lights.
<<

happykill

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:46 am

beautiful setup. I am dabbling in macro shooting currently but i have no actual "macro lens" (or money for one). I'll post a pic of what I'm currently working with (all home made stuff basically) which includes a light box i made from foam board and some clip on shop lamps I picked up. It looks pretty rough to be honest. I'm actually shooting from a distance with a telephoto lens so its not true macro but it gets surprisingly good results. I really cannot afford a macro lens right now but I intend on it very soon as it's becoming more of an interest, especially once I start shooting locks and pins up close.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-------------------------------
Known Some Call Is Air Am
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:00 pm

I'm using a macro lens, its not necessary for photographing my picks, but I do need it for photographing the jewelry I make.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:48 pm

ratyoke wrote:I'm using a macro lens, its not necessary for photographing my picks, but I do need it for photographing the jewelry I make.

What macro glass are you using? What kind of photo gear you got?
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
PreviousNext

Return to Home Brew