FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My Home Brews

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:22 am

Re: My Home Brews

Thanks gents. Still trying to find time to finish these up and give them a good test. Rerun these are not the king and queen. They are much smaller and fit many more locks than the King and Queen.
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Nice work agin PG... looks like you're figuring out metal working quick and getting very nice results.
<<

escher7

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:11 pm

IMG_00001184.jpg
Papa Gleb wrote:Escher, thank you very much for the advise, its much appreciated.

As for the drill press, have you seen a press for $50 or are you estimating because I have done a good amount of research and the cheapest I can find go for $70-80. Same question for the belt sander. If possible please post a link.

As for how these picks work, I will give them a good test once I get them smoothed out enough to use and share my results.

There are two choices for hand belt sanders. The first is a standard belt sander (above) which must be clamped upside down in a work mate. The second is a 1/2 x 18" Black and Decker which I now use for small items like picks.
As for drill presses, this is one I paid $39.99 for at Walmart years ago.

You are correct, I am low on the drill press as this type now run around $79 on Amazon, but with free delivery. I recommend you try local Kijiji, as I found a good one for $50 on the Winnipeg Kijiji site. I am also posting links to two sanders. The 1/2 x 18 is $49, (Canadian) but I bought mine on sale for $29 so I am sure you can find a deal.

Finally, I posted a link to my old tutorial on pick making which might be of help.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-BR31 ... 210&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.ca/Black-Decker-CYPF2 ... B005KRY946

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-power-tool/winni ... nFlag=true

http://www.keypicking.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9617
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:26 am

Escher, thanks much on those links including your pick making thread.

Geeezzz a press for $40? For $40 I think I would buy it regardless if I have space for it or not lol.
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:13 am

Papa Gleb wrote:For your viewing pleasure, I present the Prince and Princess picks. These are the UK version of the King and Queens picks or visa versa. Big thanks to our own Solomon for providing me with pictures of his commercial Prince and Princess picks (at least I believe he bought them).
[…]

Reminds of me of what the mad.bob crew call ‘Renia’ or ‘Reina’ bogotas — spelt like three different ways on their webpage: http://www.madbobpicks.co.uk/Reina-Bogota-p/009.htm

I’m gonna make me a pair or two of these Rai-style, from sweeper bristle steel.

How have you found these Papa?
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:47 pm

Solomon made a video on them so I asked for pictures which I turned into templates. They work very well so far but I haven't had a chance to do some in depth testing. I can send you templates if you want
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:07 pm

Papa Gleb wrote:[…] I can send you templates if you want

Sure, thanks.

I’ve rarely measured any of the picking tools I’ve made, going generally by eye, but nonetheless it’d be worth comparing to.

Are they in an easily-shareable image format?
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:37 am

I can mail you prints or PDF which ever
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:07 pm