FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My Home Brews

<<

escher7

Post Wed May 06, 2015 1:59 am

Re: My Home Brews

Papa Gleb wrote:That side pick is for dimple locks usually referred to as a flag due to its similar appearance.

Thanks ReRun. I plan to find or make a thin carry case or tune of sorts for it so it can easily fit into a pocket without taking up much space or maybe even make something that attaches to the actual handle to hold all of the tips.

Yes, I see it is a dimple pick, although it could likely be used for handcuffs etc. When I think of dimple picks I remember the modified allen key used as a rake on a LIPS dimple during the famous Belgian diamond heist. The book "Flawless" describes everything in detail including a guy named "The King of Keys" breezing through the LIPS with the home made rake. Here is a link to a picture:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzJtPMhI ... t=download:
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed May 06, 2015 2:02 pm

Haha thats great never thought to make one from an allen key lol.
<<

Neilau

Post Thu May 07, 2015 1:05 am

Sorry I'm a bit late with this post but I must say to you that the interchangeable picks and handle are just fabulous.

Congrats on a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

Obviously, you're more than just a pretty face. :mrgreen:

PS. I'm constantly amazed at the skills of members of this site. :hbg:
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 07, 2015 10:46 am

Thanks Neilau, I really think I found my home calling, if thats how you call it. This is something I should have been doing all my life and probably even before college lol.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:16 pm

For your viewing pleasure, I present the Prince and Princess picks. These are the UK version of the King and Queens picks or visa versa. Big thanks to our own Solomon for providing me with pictures of his commercial Prince and Princess picks (at least I believe he bought them).

I cleaned up the picture leaving no background and using a standard bogota (which was in the picture for size comparison), I was able to scale the image and make a template. Glued the templates on to 2 wind shield wiper piece and started to remove extra metal with my Dremel.

I forgot to take pictures but I already sanded the picks down to .020 (from .040). I still need to round off all of the edges, give it a nice polish and make pick handles. Making the handles is my biggest worry / challenge because I dont have any of the materials or tools needed and not sure I want to invest the money or more importantly will I have the time and space to mess around with plastic, wood, clay or metal. I will probably finish the picks and give them a try. If they will surprise me then Ill give the handle making some good thought but if not then into my home case of picks they will go.

I also purchased a drill polishing kit (3 wheels and 3 compounds) so make the polishing process quicker but I realized I have no idea what compound to use with what metal so any suggestions or instructions would be much appreciated. I did also make a jig for my drill which Ill share or show off hehe once I get to the polishing stage.

Solomon, thanks again for your time and the picture.
If anyone wants a copy of the template, please feel free to ask, its $10 a template. lol just joking, if anyone wants a copy please ask. I can email or mail them to you. Its no problem and no charge :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

HT4

Post Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:18 pm

Great looking profiles... I may hit you up for those templates.

Here's an idea for handles: Send two sets of your prince/princess to me. You'll get one back with handles. :cool:
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:27 am

Took a pic of the semi finished picks. Still need a polish and handle but i think HT4 got me on the handles lol

Ops sorry gents, didnt realize until now that the pic is blurry. Ill take some more once its polished.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

escher7

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:23 pm

For polishing hard metals I use green compound and a fairly hard (but not felt) wheel. Softer handle materials require a red rouge compound with a softer muslim wheel so it doesn't cut too much. I finish both up to 600 grit prior to polishing.

For handles a drill press is helpful (small imports can be found for around $50). Pretty hard to get the accuracy with a hand drill. Sanding can be done with a cheap hand belt sander mounted upside down in a clamp or vise. Black and Decker also sell a cheap hand-held 1" belt sander (around $30). So for about $100 including various belts, you can get set up.

I like the pick designs and am interested in how they work.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:59 pm

Escher, thank you very much for the advise, its much appreciated.

As for the drill press, have you seen a press for $50 or are you estimating because I have done a good amount of research and the cheapest I can find go for $70-80. Same question for the belt sander. If possible please post a link.

As for how these picks work, I will give them a good test once I get them smoothed out enough to use and share my results.
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:36 pm

Excellent homebrew picks Papa Gleb. I really like the Prince/Princess rake. I can rake my 90/50 Titalium in 2 seconds now with one.
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Really nice work there PG!!!
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:43 am

Thank you gents. Final sanding is complete and now to the polishing. Will post finished pic after the weekend. Im also curious how well they work. Hopefully this wasnt a waste of time.
<<

DroppedTensionWrench

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:51 pm

Shouldn't be. Rick on UKLS raked an Assa Ruko 2, a Gege, and a Cisa(?) if I recall.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:06 am

VERY nice Gleb! I can certainly see those slaughtering some locks.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:22 am

wow great lookin work PG..ive never tried those king an queen picks. how do they fare? im guessing you use a rocking motion while pulsing the tension? im curious. anyway great job :)
Last edited by rerun12 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
PreviousNext

Return to Home Brew