FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

farmerfreaks style dimple lock

<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:41 am

farmerfreaks style dimple lock

hay guys this is farmerfreaks idea he made a dimple lock out of a old KIK cyl so i stole his idea and made one so did locksmitharmy but i dont know how he is gowing with his :mrgreen: this is some pics i will get the guts later...........
thanks Farmerfreak !!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: farmerfreaks style dimple lock

Mine came out great... its a 5200 ;) its a working padlock, i had to construct a new tailpiece for the plug... I took a 6 pin plug and ground it down so the tailpiece was the shape i needed it to be and put it in a 5 pin housing...

the modified everything else to accept the turned plug.... had to plug the holes at the bottom of the housing, and grind the key stopper tabs off the trap door... but it works great :)
drivers are :serrated: :spoorated: :serrated: :spoorated: :serrated:

had to use master pins to make the origional holes not trap the lock when it turned... cause a 1 pin was too big for a blank, but an 8 master pin was perfect.

messed up the first key cause i tried to drill the bitting by hand... bad idea, lined shit up wrong... messed up the next key cause i wanted a low cut and drilled a hole... oops... 3rd key is good tho :) bitting is medium medium low hi low (dont really have numbers...

no pix cause i still dont have a good cam... but ill make a vid hopefully tomorrow. keyway is a bitch sideways
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:43 am

LocksmithArmy wrote:Mine came out great... its a 5200 ;) its a working padlock, i had to construct a new tailpiece for the plug... I took a 6 pin plug and ground it down so the tailpiece was the shape i needed it to be and put it in a 5 pin housing...

the modified everything else to accept the turned plug.... had to plug the holes at the bottom of the housing, and grind the key stopper tabs off the trap door... but it works great :)
drivers are :serrated: :spoorated: :serrated: :spoorated: :serrated:

had to use master pins to make the origional holes not trap the lock when it turned... cause a 1 pin was too big for a blank, but an 8 master pin was perfect.

messed up the first key cause i tried to drill the bitting by hand... bad idea, lined shit up wrong... messed up the next key cause i wanted a low cut and drilled a hole... oops... 3rd key is good tho :) bitting is medium medium low hi low (dont really have numbers...

no pix cause i still dont have a good cam... but ill make a vid hopefully tomorrow. keyway is a bitch sideways

sweet i want your one mine is not very good :oops: lol
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:30 am

here ya go

<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:49 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:here ya go

great work mate i want one for my 5200 lol
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:29 pm

if you send me a 6 pin core I'll gring it up for ya... I don't have aymore :(
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:39 pm

I made my version of an LSA version of my version of dimple lock. :D

I'm not posting too many pictures as I'm keeping the key bitting a secret for the time being. Mainly I'm posting the differences between mine and LSA's.

Mine uses 6 pins instead of 5. I was able to make it work the lock correctly by drilling in and adding a role pin (though it's really just a broken drill bit). And I drilled the hole in the wrong place first... So uh, ignore that second hold. Doing this effectively turned a non key retaining lock into a key retaining lock.

This next part was an afterthought. I had drilled a hole from the bottom to keep the cylinder from turning while drilling the other holes. That isn't how I did it on the other dimple locks I've made, but that's not the point. The point is is that it had a hole that pins could drop into if the cylinder was ever turned 180 degrees. So I added a pin to that hole and made it so the cylinder can only turn far enough to unlock the padlock.

The pins that I used are a larger diameter than the American/Master padlock pins. They are out of a National pin tumbler cam lock keying kit. Because of this I didn't bother with the passive pins on the side as these pins can't drop into those old chambers anyways. I also added serration(s) to all the pins except the shallowest key pin(s).
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:48 pm

i tried to add that pin in the side to only allow it to turn 90 degrees... but i broke 2 pits and still ddnt get the hole deep enough :( (you can see in the vid what happned to it)
maybe if i get another bit the right diameter ill fix it and add that pin

Return to Home Brew