FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

some picks

<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:35 am

Re: some picks

bouncer965 wrote:Very nice what material is the handle Ratyoke? It doesnt look like it is anidised but looks like it has some form of texture on it.....if you get what i mean lol

The handle is anodized aluminum, I just put a texture on it before I anodized it.
<<

cowbite

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Yeah that's a cool texture job. Very nice.
MCSE: Security | CompTIA: Security
<<

ghost1

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:34 am

Sorry to hear you are no longer making custom alloy picks Ratyoke the ones you made for me are still used regularly if not daily and are still in wonderful condition use seems to just polish the handle even more,they are the prize pieces of my collection, any chance you have any replacement blades available should the worst ever happen (allthough this is unlikely as the are very strong).....
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:05 pm

ghost1 wrote:Sorry to hear you are no longer making custom alloy picks Ratyoke the ones you made for me are still used regularly if not daily and are still in wonderful condition use seems to just polish the handle even more,they are the prize pieces of my collection, any chance you have any replacement blades available should the worst ever happen (allthough this is unlikely as the are very strong).....

I don't have a workshop anymore, but if one breaks let me know and i'll see what I can do.

As far as I know only one person has broken one of my picks. Since they are all hand made I need the handle back to fit a replacement blade
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:49 pm

So when do ya move to Korea? It is Korea right? Have some dolsot bipmbap for me while you're there if so!
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:26 am

elbowmacaroni wrote:So when do ya move to Korea? It is Korea right? Have some dolsot bipmbap for me while you're there if so!

I'm in Korea now. I've been here for about 2 months. It's going pretty good so far. I'm teaching Engish at a high school near Seoul. I don't like much of the food, but I already knew I didn't like it before I came here.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:37 am

haha maybe they have an american restaurant like we have korean food places lol...

my locksmith coworkers are in awe of the picks you made for me... thanks again, hope everything stays awsome and the food gets better lol
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:59 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:haha maybe they have an american restaurant like we have korean food places lol...

my locksmith coworkers are in awe of the picks you made for me... thanks again, hope everything stays awsome and the food gets better lol

Yeah there are american restaurants. And theres some chains like Bennigan's, TGI Fridays, and Outback Steakhouse, the menus are similar to the ones in the US. And fast food...McDonalds, Burger King and KFC :-| . It sucks there's no Wendys though... :cry:
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:56 pm

I hope you are still enjoying your time in South Korea. A former work colleague spent a year teaching English in Korea also. He described it as an interesting mixed experience but overall he liked it and said that he would consider spending another year. Have you made a permanent move to Korea for the career change?

On to your picks. WOW! I am in awe of your skills and talent. It was inspiring and uplifting to look at the body of your work. You and legion303 have established a benchmark for homebrew lock picks. The only problem is that -- at least at this stage -- I feel that anything I produce will fall short of the standard you have established. I am being naive in aspiring to produce the quality of work that you produce?

One of your designs I had seen it before. It took me a moment to recollect where I had seen it and it was in the Goso catalog:

Did they copy you or did you copy them? If they copied you that would be awesome!

I do sincerely hope that you return to custome pick making. You are offering something very special to the lockpicking community. There is definitely a market for your work and it is plain that the owners of your picks cherish them.
Last edited by piotr on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:58 pm

they copied it :( from a picks he made for me...
http://www.locksmitharmy.com/lock-picks ... riends.php
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

dragonkingx

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Very nice picks, they look like there an work of art.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:they copied it :( from a picks he made for me...

That's awesome! I would take it as a compliment. Is it your design or Ratyoke's?
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:13 pm

piotr wrote:

That's awesome! I would take it as a compliment. Is it your design or Ratyoke's?

It's my design, and actually no, its not really awesome that they copy my design and make money off of my ideas without giving me shit in return.

I'm sure people who can't afford my picks will be happy to buy these knock offs, but the quality is inferior, and by buying them you are supporting a company with no ethics.
<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin
Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Well, put me on the list for being interesting in buying the real thing when you start making again. :-)

Ed
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:38 pm

piotr wrote:I hope you are still enjoying your time in South Korea. A former work colleague spent a year teaching English in Korea also. He described it as an interesting mixed experience but overall he liked it and said that he would consider spending another year. Have you made a permanent move to Korea for the career change?

On to your picks. WOW! I am in awe of your skills and talent. It was inspiring and uplifting to look at the body of your work. You and legion303 have established a benchmark for homebrew lock picks. The only problem is that -- at least at this stage -- I feel that anything I produce will fall short of the standard you have established. I am being naive in aspiring to produce the quality of work that you produce?

It's not a permanent move, but I am enjoying Korea and I'll be staying another year, till spring or summer 2012. After that I will probably go back to the US and go back to making picks and jewelry and things.

I don't know what kind of metal working skills you have, so I cannot comment on what kind of picks you will make, but I had over 10 years experience working with metal and was a professional jeweler before I started making picks. I love fine craftsmanship, and if that's what you want in your picks, I wish you luck. I have posted a tutorial on how I make my picks somewhere on this forum.

That's not the design they copied, this is:
PreviousNext

Return to Home Brew