FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

How I make picks

<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: How I make picks

dextron5000 wrote:holy crap man, those are some realy nice looking tools! you make mine look like they were made by a 5 year old :shock:

gotta love the micro-machine shop ,too..
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

MANDELBROT27

Familiar Face

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm very impressed could i ask what your trade is? are you a engineer,metal worker,hobbyist ? you should go pro and get a site up "Top End Picks" that's a +1 from me. Thanks
IT'S NOT GUNS THAT KILL,IT'S PEOPLE.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:56 pm

MANDELBROT27 wrote:I'm very impressed could i ask what your trade is? are you a engineer,metal worker,hobbyist ? you should go pro and get a site up "Top End Picks" that's a +1 from me. Thanks

He makes custom jewelry. He's a fine guy and great craftsman - I have six picks made by him - all works of art.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:24 am

spaz101 wrote:Ah dykem... I used to use that stuff illegaly for painting purposes. Hah

Those picks look really well made. how do they feel they seem like they would slip a bit. But fukkit' i'de love to have a rake.

They are sturdy as hell, and the handles are great. The pick blade is mirror polished and no sanding is required. The handles don't slip in my hands and really give you something to hold on to.
<<

spaz101

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Well I am truly jealous HallisChalmers that you have those. I would be more than willing bo buy a bogata and a hook. If I could get them dyed in like a seafoam green kinda like that last photo that would be even better. I got my paypal ready!
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:26 pm

spaz101 wrote:Well I am truly jealous HallisChalmers that you have those. I would be more than willing bo buy a bogata and a hook. If I could get them dyed in like a seafoam green kinda like that last photo that would be even better. I got my paypal ready!

Send Ratyoke a PM and ask him about the details. They take a while - and he does have a backlog - plus they are not cheap.

But they are works of art - but 100% functional. They are fine quality tools.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Peterson, if I am not mistaken, started out sort of like that, just making and selling tools, If I had the skills required to make picks like this, I would be making tons of money right now, so much skill involved and time, they are so nice, they would be nice to pick with.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:11 am

the lockpickkid wrote:Peterson, if I am not mistaken, started out sort of like that, just making and selling tools, If I had the skills required to make picks like this, I would be making tons of money right now, so much skill involved and time, they are so nice, they would be nice to pick with.

Yeah, Kid, but realistically, the average Joe Bleauxx hobbiest picker is not going to shell out the cash for a quality tool like this. Sure, he'll spend $70 bucks on a Southord kit and have a conglomeration of picks that he will probably never use - before he gets tired of the commitment that he will need to endure to learn lockpicking skills.

He'll get bored with it - throw the picks in his dresser drawer and forget about it.

Only a lock geek would invest the cash to buy a quality, hand made pick.

Just like firearms - for every kilobuck Sig Sauer auto pistol that's sold - Lorcin or Raven Arms will sell a hundred $200 Saturday Night Specials.

It's feast or famine in the custom pick business.

<<

quaiboi

Familiar Face

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:48 am

sweet...when i first saw ur post...i thought (Wanker) .......another pick making lesson again....but then when i got to the handle part...i thought....OH! it's the guy who makes really cool picks!....lol
<<

transformers0704

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:23 pm

looks very professional!!!

Now by any chance you would wana sell them? iam sure we can get a group buy going on here :P
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:18 pm

transformers0704 wrote:looks very professional!!!

Now by any chance you would wana sell them? iam sure we can get a group buy going on here :P

Contact Ratyoke directly via PM or email and see what you can work out with him.
<<

rosindubh37713

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:32 pm

Awsome post mate really well done!! (HAHA) They are some amazing looking picks! you have a real talent there!!
(woohoo)
Check out my Picking Videos @ http://uk.youtube.com/RosinDubh37713
<<

rosindubh37713

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:36 pm

I'm a lock geek and proud of it!!! :geek: (woohoo)

Only a lock geek would invest the cash to buy a quality, hand made pick.
Check out my Picking Videos @ http://uk.youtube.com/RosinDubh37713
<<

ChicoSlim803

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:50 am

that makes the both of us
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:20 pm

If everything goes well, I will be moving to South Korea in Feb. to teach English for a year. So custom pick orders are going to be stopping soon. If someone wants to order before I go, contact me soon.
PreviousNext

Return to Home Brew