FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

MTL Cliq Programming?

<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:29 pm

MTL Cliq Programming?

I recently bought five Interactive Cliq cyls and a mess of keys to go with them. Usual story: eBay sale, deceased lot, no history, no keycards - what you see is what I got.

None of the keys activate any of the locks, so if I want some working examples I need to get these programmed. Is there anyone on here with access to a programming module?

Thanks in advance,

Michael.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Patrick Star

Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:17 am

Re: MTL Cliq Programming?

Is it the same programming station as for ASSA Triton CLIQ?
I think you actually have to insert the key, right?
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:02 pm

I *think* it's a different unit...the MTL keys are wildly different to the Assa one. My guess is that the electronic tech is the same, but the mechanical innards of the locks are certainly different. And yeah, the key needs to be inserted into the unit.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:35 pm

MHM you have a problem, I have these at my work. You have to not only have the programming but you need the programming for those particular keys. When we order new blanks the factory has to send us software to put the keys in our system. Otherwise the program will not even recognize the new keys. If someone gets hold of our keys they cannot program them unless they access our exact system as any other will not touch them.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:17 pm

@Mastersmith - yeah I wondered if that might be an issue. Might need to look for other ways of dealing with the Cliq...

Return to Mul-T-Lock