FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Kwickset Smartkey BUSTER

<<

barbarian

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Kwickset Smartkey BUSTER

I've seen these tools on a couple of sites now.

http://www.southernlock.com/customer/so ... /new37.pdf

Sounds simple.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: Kwickset Smartkey BUSTER

That's because it is as simple as forcing the lock open with a steel bladed key of the correct height. It will render the rekeying feature of the smartkey useless however, so you are better off to come in another door and take it apart to reset. It breaks the lock, even though it's key may still work.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:08 pm

Like Tooly said, the tool does work, but isn't good for a customer, it tears up a lock that is somewhat spendy! I shimed one of these just playing around, I didn't try to pick it, but some people have been able to get them to pop.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Was kind of magic sidebar shim did you use? :mrgreen:
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:29 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:Was kind of magic sidebar shim did you use? :mrgreen:

I shimmed the bolt! explained to this person that It really doesn't matter what kind of lock you go out and buy, there is always a way around the lock!!

For sidebar locks, I have a special tool for those now Tooly!
I either use dynamite, and if that don't work I just burn the house down and gain entry after the fire department leaves. Service charge: 45 dollars!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:49 pm

lockpickkid wrote:I shimmed the bolt!

Cheater! :lol: I actually went looking for one to see if I could shim the wafers from the bottom. There are several around, but someone was playing with the buster, and most of them are busted. :lol: There is no way I would put one of them back into use.

You know, I bet that A1 puller would pull a smartkey too with no problem. It's the same hardware, except for the actual locking cylinder, and unlike the buster, you might actually be able to put the lock back into service afterward. I haven't tried it on a smartkey, but it seems like it has a reasonable chance of survival. It's a more expensive lock than the other kwiksets on the shelf at a big chain store, and a person who paid the extra scratch is quick to point that out, especially if you want to charge them for more new locks.

You can go away for a long time over arson. Next time, charge double. :lol:

-Tooly
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:13 pm

I bet you could make one of those easy like along the line of an ignition buster tool..fit it in the keyway and use cresent wrench to turn...snap right open..hmm One of these could actually be practical when opening an apartment for a customer where only one door is available..ya think?
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:41 pm

thelockoutguys wrote:I bet you could make one of those easy like along the line of an ignition buster tool..fit it in the keyway and use cresent wrench to turn...snap right open..hmm One of these could actually be practical when opening an apartment for a customer where only one door is available..ya think?

True, but I know of a few people who say they can pick these, if a person could practice, then they wouldn't be as big of a deal.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:23 am

These locks ARE pickable...I have picked a few. They are quite cantankerous, though. Since time is money, most of us pros just drill 'em out, sell a new one, and we're down the road toward our next job.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:00 am

True on that, but I think if a person takes a little bit more time, you may be able to find a way to gain entry a different way, (not always possible) to be able to save the lock and save everybody money!
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:55 pm

magician59 wrote:These locks ARE pickable...I have picked a few. They are quite cantankerous, though. Since time is money, most of us pros just drill 'em out, sell a new one, and we're down the road toward our next job.
Do they drill like a standard Lock?? I have never ran into one on the job where it was the only lock so i was forced to drill it..So it opens right up ? what about sidebar? Why would they have this tool if you can drill them like a standard household lock..Im gonna put my drill jig on one tomorrow and test it...ANyone else drill these?
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:24 pm

No, don't drill it, instead try what Tooly said about the puller, myself I always try to find other more non evasive ways to gain entry, I want one of these to see if I can pick it! Sure would be cool to gain entry and not cost anybody money.
<<

Foo

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:03 pm

<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:17 am

i agree with trying not to drill ....ive drilled 2 locks this entire past year...every now and again it has to happen..rare..i was asking because he says he a pro and he drills them..im curious on the technique to drill them in case their is an instance..such as a second story apartment and it wont pick...and its the only entry...but i am curiuos how he drills them
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:35 am

thelockoutguys wrote:i agree with trying not to drill ....ive drilled 2 locks this entire past year...every now and again it has to happen..rare..i was asking because he says he a pro and he drills them..im curious on the technique to drill them in case their is an instance..such as a second story apartment and it wont pick...and its the only entry...but i am curiuos how he drills them

The second story apartement is a good point, I didn't give that much thought short of shimming the bolt, a method that I am becoming fairly good at, you don't have much options. A drill point on these would be nice to review. Not all Pro's go for the drill I hope before they exhaust all other methods at least.
Next

Return to Uncommon Tools!