FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Old Ilco key cutter

<<

Idgas

Post Thu May 26, 2011 7:12 am

Old Ilco key cutter

This past weekend I went to buy some locks from a guy who was selling off the remnants of his grandfather's locksmith business. He has one key cutter from Ilco that was portable, cased (looked like what portable typewriters used) with no visible model numbers and at least 30 years old.

If it can be identified and valued it would be great. I would like for him receive a fair price.

The bottom two pictures are of a second key cutter. Other than the two pictures I have no additional details.

This is not is offer to sell only a request for assistance from a more expert person than I to help someone out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: Old Ilco key cutter

These are terrific little machines. I have one that I have had for at least 35 years and it is newer than the one in the picture, judging from the vices. These seldom bring over a hundred dollars. I sold a second one I had once for $50, 20 years ago. You can't cut some of the longer blanks in this though, they will hit each other. But it is a little work horse. The other machine you can find for under $200 most of the time. I'm in s.w. Ohio, that makes a difference also.

Return to Uncommon Tools!