FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

locksmith lever picks

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: locksmith lever picks

Thanks alan..nice to hear from you ..hope you are well sir you,ll sell the dedicated picks i assume for the era curtain locks.
Yes they are all working tools..and effective on most lever locks :D
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:04 am

revisited - a few more showing curtain - a anti pick device introduced in modern day locks to stop you from getting to the levers

buy the lock & make the pick to your own custom design - helps ! all home brew made for the job
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:20 pm

Hey RIngo, did you ever get to make a tutorial about making some of these picks and/or do you have any threads about picking lever locks? It surprises me very much that there is such a lack of videos or information on lever locks especially since they are the ground work for the current locks and lock technology.

I just got into lever locks and spend January and February battling pancake locks and now moved onto regular lever locks. Currently repairing a Miller lock which had all springs toasted. So far I made the shackle spring and now making the lever springs. I'v be documenting everything so once I am done, if successful of course, Ill make a write-up.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:36 pm

No never got around to it -checking on the board papa gleb -

will try and get round to that some day - making a universal pick handle is probably the best place to start

this i did post up in ( defeating the 5 lever era lock ) - universal pick handle photo to hold all different gauge tools required
<<

Josephus

Post Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:30 pm

Yeah a tutorial of some sort would be great! I have been interested in lever locks for some time but have not made any attempt to, you know, actually do anything about it. They are all over the place around here in old houses. Oldfast's expedition into the architectural salvage store shows that.

Nobody has keys to these locks anymore and I think it would be fun to play with them, maybe make keys for people's doors and higher end antiques.
Previous

Return to Uncommon Tools!