FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Turbo Tool

<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:15 am

Turbo Tool

https://tresoroeffnung.de/de/shop/fahrzeugoeffnung/turbo-tool.html

https://tresoroeffnung.de/en/store/car-opening-tools/turbo-tool.html English

Watch the video on that page. I haven't seen a tool like this before and it can do the work of several Lishi tools but look out the price tag. Ouch!
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:29 am

Re: Turbo Tool

Why do they have to call it that? All I can think of is arnold schwarzenegger saying "it's turbo time".

That's a seriously cool piece of kit though, very impressive.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:38 am

Same tool operating on HU66 cutaway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hKJu05iSuM

The thing so so damn fast!

Yeah the name isn't very imaginative but I suppose they wanted to try and capture the speed at which the thing picks and decodes a lock.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:50 am

That's one clever fucking tool. I like it, dunno if the price would be worth it though. Cheaper than the decoder with the makeup keys mind you, and a hell of a lot faster.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:07 am

At that price and speed (~30 seconds) I think its main market would be government agencies. A locksmith doing automotive lockouts doesn't really need to do it in (literally) seconds and I think the customer feels they are getting value for money if it takes a few minutes to do the job so the Lishi 2-in-1 are a good fit. Did you notice their tagline is "LISHI was yesterday..... "? They are right that they have a superior technology but surely the price puts them in a totally different market?

But yeah, it's a very impressive tool. Here is their web page with many other slick decoder tools: http://keydecoder.alle.bg/
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:37 am

piotr wrote:They are right that they have a superior technology but surely the price puts them in a totally different market?
I'm not convinced. That's like saying that a pick gun is superior technology than a hook pick. :???: And maybe it is, but it does less.

Yes, in a perfectly clean, perfectly working vw/audi/porsche lock their tool will work faster and better. BUT, in a not so perfectly clean/perfectly working lock their tool probably won't work at all. And the user will be left scratching their head as to why?? With the lishi pick an experienced user will be able to tell right away if there is a problem with the lock, such as a tumbler that isn't moving...

I was picking these locks with even more basic picks before lishi came into existence, and I use a light to help look inside while picking. Nothing beats that when it comes to seeing if there is a problem with a tumbler, not even the lishi can compare!

The biggest thing I like about the lishi pick is how easy it is to decode the lock once it's picked. I used to look inside and visually decode them, which still works, but I'm not as fast or quite as accurate as I am when using the lishi to decode the picked lock.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:27 am

Farmerfreak wrote:Yes, in a perfectly clean, perfectly working vw/audi/porsche lock their tool will work faster and better. BUT, in a not so perfectly clean/perfectly working lock their tool probably won't work at all. And the user will be left scratching their head as to why?? With the lishi pick an experienced user will be able to tell right away if there is a problem with the lock, such as a tumbler that isn't moving...

Good point, that didn't occur to me.

Return to Uncommon Tools!