FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

uknown rake type

<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:38 pm

uknown rake type

can some one tell me what these are for?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:22 am

Re: uknown rake type

They sorta remind me of the comuter generated picks, but they dont have the irregularity. Perhaps they could be jiggled inside a lock with success. Where did you get those?
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

atomicmufin

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:50 pm

those are interesting. they DO look like those computer generated ones...had any success with them yet?
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:00 pm

they look like the picks i used to make out of paperclips before i learned how to make picks and before i bought any :D
<<

Snor

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:02 pm

Josh wrote:they look like the picks i used to make out of paperclips before i learned how to make picks and before i bought any :D

Heh, me too. But mine only had two humps.
Houndour wrote:Snor, the Keypicking resident Lubricant Expert in making. For all your lube needs!!! LOL!
m0ose wrote:And last, but not least, we have Snor. He's pretty pimp and a good guy to chat with.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnor
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:05 pm

Snor wrote:
Josh wrote:they look like the picks i used to make out of paperclips before i learned how to make picks and before i bought any :D

Heh, me too. But mine only had two humps.

i made some pretty awesome looking picks out of paperclips. ;)
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:40 pm

romstar? lil' help here please =)

<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:49 pm

They look like broken key extractors, hard to tell. A little background info on where they came from may help narrow down what they are actually for.
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:51 pm

cool-arrow wrote:They look like broken key extractors, hard to tell. A little background info on where they came from may help narrow down what they are actually for.

they were in a parcel of random tools sent to me.
(some other stuff i dont know about.,)
the top 2 things are for dimple locks...one fits my mul-t-lock, and depresses the outer pins,while allowing the inner pins to poke through the slot in the key blade.
the 5 black-handled tools are for dimples, i think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

<<

cool-arrow

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:46 am

That is a rake kit so it looks like they work in conjunction with the top tension guides in the set. It sure would be nice to have a locksmith from Asia or China here. If they claim to be for MTL I doubt it except for the garrison style that does not have an outer pin. The width would be just right to isolate the pins and create a nice raking guide.

You wouldn't gain anything by isolating the outer pin to that same height becuase the length can very. It is a little hard to explain but much easier to understand the concept when you put 2 keys side by side.

The MTL 7 non-pin in pin key way, garrison, MLB, and all of the other Asian copied locks share the same distinctive MTL keyway warding as you can see in this picture. Even though on the MLB key looks like the cuts are wide to accomidate an outer pin there is none. The pins are the same size as the pins used in a common US pin tumbler lock.

What you have seems to be a rake kit for 5,7 pin MTL non pin-in-pin locks and the various copies.

Return to Uncommon Tools!