FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Home made Abloy Classic key cutter/impressioning tool

<<

plugspin

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Home made Abloy Classic key cutter/impressioning tool

Saw this at lockcon a couple weeks back. Home-made is somewhat understated, Jakko is a tool and die maker by trade and he made it on a CNC machine. But it's quite an amazing and simple little device. He gave a talk on impressioning Abloy classic locks, the implication was that he made this tool to assist with getting correct cuts on the key (with a properly prepared blank having milled slots where the spacers sit inside the lock).

http://blackbag.nl/wp-content/uploads/2 ... evices.jpg

The key goes into the right end, the small knurled knob pulls out so the mechanism can be rotated to one of 5 bitting positions/angles (you can see the hand-engraved numbers along the edge). A file is ran between the two small vertical rods (there's a second set out of sight on the bottom edge) which allows you to manually file the key down to the correct cut. The knurled knob on the left of the device turns one complete turn (with a ball-indent to stop) to move the key out for each disk position. The smaller part at the bottom of the case is a duplicate of the part already inside the device where the key is inserted (I was unsure why there were two, they appeared to be identical). Also there are horizontal hardened inserts not visible from this angle just below the surface where the file would cut into the body of the device when filing a key, presumably to extend the life of the housing. Very clever little machine.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:24 pm

Re: Home made Abloy Classic key cutter/impressioning tool

Interesting to see the progression of this device. He sold an earlier version at one of the lock cons in the EU last year.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Return to Uncommon Tools!